Author Topic: Not eating  (Read 5097 times)

Offline AimeeSedlock

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Not eating
« on: October 28, 2006, 05:37:29 pm »
 My 7 month old Golden, itsn't eating like he used to, he used to eat 6 cups of food a day, now I have a hard time getting to eat half that much, he acts fine, plays goes to the bathroom normal, but it concerns me that he doesn't want to eat much, I've put canned food in his dry food, which works a couple times and then the just looks at it, also I've put that gravey stuff that Iams makes in it, he liked it the first couple of times I put it in his food, then he just didn't seem interested.
Is this normal???
I want him to eat, ya know,,,  How much should he be eating now??  Is it a growth thing, he doesn't need as much??  Today maybe he ate 3 cups of food, again he acts fine, but I'm so used to him eating like a hog, and growing like a weed, he is a large pup for his age and will according to my vet probably weigh 100 pounds when hes grown.

Okay, I'll shut up, but would like any thoughts on this

Thank you so much,   Aimee

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
Re: Not eating
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 05:45:50 pm »
Hi there,  I ahave a pup Collie that is 8mths,old and very large for his age as well.

I don't think I would worry too much as long as everything else is normal.

If you start making different attempts at adding things to his food though,he could become a picky eater.

Us MOM's do get worried though and I understand.

He could just be leveling off in order to start another growth sput.

You could try to increase his excersise a little during the day and then see if he wants more.

Also how many times a day are you feeding him?? Falkor gets fed twice a day morning and evening,and usually eats more in the evening after he has played and had his walks.

Tricia and the fur kids

Offline AimeeSedlock

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Not eating
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 12:01:35 pm »

Thanks so much for the input, it does help, I have 2 dogs, the 2 year old is on a diet, I got her from a rescue, and she was WAY overweight, anyway, I have to feed them seperate, or I probably won't watch so closely what my 7 month old eats, I would just have food out for him, all the time. anyway, he's not skinny at all, so him not eating as much is not likely a problem.  He has a bulky build, not fat, but he's a big boy, I'm going to take him to the clinic probably on Tuesday and weigh him.

Anyway, thanks again for the help

Aimee

Offline AimeeSedlock

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Not eating UPDATE
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 09:35:51 am »

Hello

Just wanted to update everyone, I took Remington (Remy) to the vet today to be weighed, at 7 months he now weighs, 78.3 pounds, so I guess he must be eating enough.. lol

Thanks everyone for all the help, guess he knows how much he needs to eat.. ;)

Thanks again,

Aimee