Author Topic: Please send some prayers & good energy for Scout.  (Read 15027 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Please send some prayers & good energy for Scout.
« on: June 26, 2005, 07:59:02 pm »
One of our members has a boxer named Scout who swallowed a Greenie & has been in discomfort since...Ann called her vet today to meet her & Scout at the office & the poor boy was dehydrated because he hardly drank today because his belly is hurting him so they got some stuff to give him to drink & some stuff to make him poop...I feel SO bad for Scout & Ann...If you guys just knew this Boxer boy!...He is such a cuddle butt!...So, will you all send prayers & healing energy out for poor Scout?...TY!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Please send some prayers & good energy for Scout.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2005, 08:13:41 pm »
Poor Scout. Hopefully this expereince will teach him to chew before he swallows.  ;) I can just imagine how uncomfortable he must have been. Poor boy!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 08:18:44 pm »
I actually don't give Zoey greenies for this exact reason - she once swallowed a big chunk of one, but luckily threw it up right away.

I hope scout feels better soon! Zoey is crossing her paws for him :)
RIP former BPO

ann

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 08:34:20 pm »

thank you all so much, he seems to be doin much better hopefuly he'll have a big poop and be back to his sweet wiggle but self.....

he will never get a greenie again i have to find something he can't swallow any suggestions... .............. ..

thanks again  ann

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2005, 10:30:14 pm »
The Emergency Vet who takes care of Cowboy said it's her #1 emergency...getting undigested Greenies out of dog bellies!!!!  She has threatened vile and awful punishments to ME if I ever give a Greenie to either dog.  The problem is that they are basically wax and when giants like our gobble them down, the wax warms and melts over things like stomach openings, in intestines, in throats.....in effect, a medical emergency waiting to happen.  A frien who has a dobie had to have her dog's stomach opened to clean it out...the wax had melted over the opening to the intestine and she couldn't pass anything through!  A tough thing for a well-loved 12 year old dog!  

We send many loves and drools to scout and hope that he's better soon!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2005, 11:00:57 pm »
I send all the healing power I can muster, hoping that Scout and Ann will be happy and healthy in no time at all!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2005, 11:05:22 pm »
The Emergency Vet who takes care of Cowboy said it's her #1 emergency...getting undigested Greenies out of dog bellies!!!!  She has threatened vile and awful punishments to ME if I ever give a Greenie to either dog.  The problem is that they are basically wax and when giants like our gobble them down, the wax warms and melts over things like stomach openings, in intestines, in throats.....in effect, a medical emergency waiting to happen.  A frien who has a dobie had to have her dog's stomach opened to clean it out...the wax had melted over the opening to the intestine and she couldn't pass anything through!  A tough thing for a well-loved 12 year old dog!  

We send many loves and drools to scout and hope that he's better soon!

I am so glad to hear that scout feels a bit better, maybe after the next poop it will be all cleared up. And to you newf.... thanks a lot for that information. I have heard lots of different facts about greenies, never really researched a whole lot (figure that huh.....lol...) so to know why they are not good to give was very interesting.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 07:35:21 am »
It is a good thing/bad thing to be and the animal emergency so often! 

Good thing:  I've learned more than I ever wanted to about the things we do out of kindness and love that can hurt our big guys!  (like Greenies!)

Bad thing:  It can make you psycho to do anything!!!  The main reason I don't feed raw is the lectures I've gotten from the staff about the inherent dangers.  I do think raw is a good thing, in theory, but Cowboy's health issues are so serious, I just can't take any chances with him! 

VERY bad thing:the fact that we are there because Cowboy had cluster-seized again!

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 07:46:12 am »
We are praying for Scout?How big was the Greenie.Spotak iss loves them.I usually buy the jumbo.Hope Scout is feeling better.

ann

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 10:50:42 am »

scout is doin much better he took a poop and thier was a greenie about 2.5 long that came out..i'm going to keep him on a blan diet for a few days and keep him drinking...you guys are so nice thanks for all your consern....... ....

ann

Offline Moonhawksowl

• Gnawer
  • Gandalf & Freya raw food dogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 11:04:33 am »
Poor Scout :(
I will light a candle and send Reiki Healing Energy his way,
What ever Greenies are I don't think he'll want to see those again :-\
A Girls Best Friend Is Her Rottweiller:)& Horses!!

Offline Carolyn

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 11:07:02 am »
Poor baby! Hope everything is ok.
Carolyn
Carolyn

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 12:23:50 pm »
Hey Ann, glad to hear that, uh, "everything came out in the end" for Scout.   :-\

Poor baby!  How is he feeling today?

Newflvr - how is Cowboy feeling?

Marsi
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 12:32:05 pm »
Cowboy is grand....alway s is between seizures! ;D 

I'm glad that Scout passed that Greenie!!! Nasty things!!

Offline luvmenewfs

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2005, 02:31:13 am »
 :o :o :o

Good LORD.  I'm so glad to hear Scout is better.  I'm completely baffled as to why there are no warnings on the greenies.  Maybe they shouldn't make them for large breeds.  I mean, wow.  You'd think they'd be safe, but obvously, they are not. 

luvmenewfs