Author Topic: Help with Newfies (Manhattan/New York)  (Read 9854 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Newfies (Manhattan/New York)
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2005, 07:26:23 pm »
No kidding Marit...he got to sleep on the couch for that comment!  ;)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline ksullivan

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 10:49:44 am »
I had two Akitas, one I had to put down because he turned mean(which is usually their temperment, but my older one never did). When I had to put my Akita down at 12 years (due to hips) I decided not to get another one because of the mean one I had, so I choose a Newfouldland. They are wonderful with children, which I needed with 5 grandchildren. They as all puppies are a little wild as a pupply, but mine is 14 months old now, and lays at our feet wherever we set, and if we move to another room, he follows us and lays at our feet again. After they puppy stage they are very laid back.
I got mine at TLC Kennels (they have a internet site), she was very helpful even after they purchase with any questions I had.
I am sure if you decide on one you will be happy.
Ksullivan

Offline helenuws

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Newfies (Manhattan/New York) UPDATE!
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2005, 01:52:32 pm »
Patrick, Emma and I have decided to go ahead with acquiring the newest member of our family.

Ms. Fiona Lily was born August 13th (making Friday the thirteenth ever so lucky).  She was one of three pups born- she has two brothers.

This past week I was actually on vacation from work, and we drove out to Ohio to meet her.  Alas, her mommy was unable to produce enough milk, so Fiona and her brothers were moved two and a half hours away from home to another nursing Newf mama, so we were unable to meet her.  We did, however, meet Mommy Jade, and she is absolutely -gorgeous-, and the biggest lovebug to boot.  Heck, Jade took to Patrick so well I thought she was going to try to come home with us.  Heh.   We also got to meet grandma Joey. 

Lisa, our breeder, gave us a tour of her facilities, let us play with all of her babies, and really gave us a great feeling about the whole situation.  We know Fiona is coming from a great environment. 

Unfortunately for Lisa, she had just lost her first Newf, Mia.  She had passed away on Saturday, and poor Lisa was devastated.  Mia was her life. 

Anyhow, we will be taking a trip out to Ohio once again, in approximately six weeks, to bring Fiona fully into our familial fold. 

Pictures will be forthcoming!

Thanks for all the support guys!

Nicole

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2005, 01:56:52 pm »
EXCELLENT! YAAAAAAAAAAAAA Y! I can't wait to see Fiona! What a beautiful name!

Offline brigid67

• BPO Guru
  • Dream And Desire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2005, 06:32:14 pm »
ohhhh newf pups!!!!!!  Congrats -  I want one

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2005, 06:42:46 pm »
I am sorry to hear about Mia, send thoughts and prayers to Lisa.

AND congrats to you and Fiona, I agree that is a beautiful name, I am sooo looking forward to all the pics I am sure youll share with us.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2005, 12:24:00 am »
I am so excited about your new addition. I can't wait to see pictures!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Happypaws

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2005, 10:16:29 am »
Hi there,

I'm new here, and haven't posted yet.  We just got our first newf girl about a month ago and she LOVES the water.  I've not seen a dog so devoted to liquid!  Anyway, as I was sitting while she played in the wading pool the other day, I decided that if anyone was thinking of getting a newfoundland, the first thing they should do is get a large auto washing type sponge, wet it with cold water, and then plop it on their lap in their best clothes!!!  (The next best thing to water, for our girl, is coming to share after she has been playing.  ;D)  If you can handle that, you are well on your way to being owned by a Newf!

I'm not sure how to add pictures yet or I'd show you!  All in all, we absolutely love her and I'm sure you'll be just as thrilled with your new pup.  Congrats!

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2005, 06:48:25 am »
First off something is fishy
i am sorry but supplimenting them works just as well as nursing.
you dont truck newborns across the state, i have a feeling i know who this is, and all i can say is BEWARE red flags are raising all over when i read your post, many people have been sadly disapointed by a certain person in ohio,.
i cannot believe you drove all that way and were not notified.
shame!!!
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505