Author Topic: The latest addition to our household  (Read 3430 times)

Offline mtaig12

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
The latest addition to our household
« on: November 07, 2006, 05:32:23 am »
And he's certainly not a big paw! Introducing... Nibbles! ;D

He's my daughter's new pet. And he sure is cute, if you're into rodents! ;) Both dogs LOOVE him, they want to play with him very badly. Max has taken to spending half the night laying on the floor next to Nibbles' cage, just making sure he's okay!  ::)

Tracy
Tracy and Mike - parents
Alex and Ian - kids
Max and Star - canines
Oscar and Emily - felines
Nibbles - hamster
North Carolina

Nicole

Re: The latest addition to our household
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 05:35:49 am »
AWWWW! CUTE!

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 06:45:27 am »
Awwwww, Congrats on the newest addition!!!  Nibbles is the cutest name EVER! lol ;D

Offline galxe

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 06:55:29 am »
He is adorable. He looks just like my hamster, Fluffy II, that I had growing up. (Our dog got a little too firnedly with Fluffy the first.) They make such adorable pets, so friendly! Alas, I'm allergic. (Really, who's allergic to hamsters?)

Kirsti

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 07:30:39 am »
I'm allergic too.... but oh what a cute little guy!

~K

Offline mtaig12

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 05:03:49 pm »
Here's an update: Apparently Max wasn't just sleeping in Alex's room to protect "his" little hamster. Tonight, we put Nibbles in his ball to roll around for a while, and I realized that the plastic ball had teethmarks all over it  :(! I guess Max thought Nibbles might still be in there, so he was trying to help him escape? ::)

Luckily, the ball is still usable, although no longer as pretty as it once was.

Tracy
Tracy and Mike - parents
Alex and Ian - kids
Max and Star - canines
Oscar and Emily - felines
Nibbles - hamster
North Carolina

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 05:11:25 pm »
Awww welcome home Nibbles! He's adorable.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 04:45:18 am »
awwwwwww Nibbles is sooooo cute!

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 05:09:49 am »
Oh, he's cute! I love rodents. I have several cages of gerbils growing up and some mice. My brother, sister, and I each got a gerbil and they bred. The first time we did this, we ended up with 11 total, split them by sex, and one lived over 4 years! Then, we did it again. This time, the two females had a total of 12 babies, but it didn't work out so well. The babies started dying after a few days. It wasn't a case of them burying the weak ones to let them die (I didn't understand that as a kid and would move the babies back to the pile with a spoon-it worked with the first set of gerbils and with the second). They were dying from some kind of disease. We ended up with just 4 babies living. :( At various times we had to separate gerbils for dominance issues and other odd things. We had one that started to eat himself (his belly and even organs) that we had to put to sleep. My parents said that next time, they would put it to sleep. Apparently, it's fairly expensive to put a gerbil to sleep at the vet. I loved, loved, loved them, though.

Too much information?  ::)

Offline Fly-Fast

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 05:12:22 am »
And he's certainly not a big paw! Introducing... Nibbles! ;D

He's my daughter's new pet. And he sure is cute, if you're into rodents! ;) Both dogs LOOVE him, they want to play with him very badly. Max has taken to spending half the night laying on the floor next to Nibbles' cage, just making sure he's okay!  ::)

Tracy

Just be sure max doesnt want to eat poor nibbles. :)  Cute nonetheless, and best of luck.