Author Topic: Potty question?  (Read 1542 times)

Offline aquariusf87

• Gnawer
  • Naiya
    • View Profile
Potty question?
« on: November 09, 2006, 10:24:15 am »
Naiya uses her Potty pads pretty well but I made the mistake in putting them in the sunroom. Any Tips on how I can change the location of the potty pads.. what I tried but failed at was just moving them into a different room but she still potty in the sunroom so I placed them back in their. Also When/what can I do about housebreaking her? I live on the 2nd floor of a apt. which im moving in 5 months should I just wait until I moved to house break her that way she would have a yard area & could just go to the door and I can let her out unlike here where I have to walk her down the stairs. And I wanted to say Thanks to everyone who helps me out I know I post alot of questions But I always like to hear what Yall have to say!
*INKIE*

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Potty question?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 06:08:06 pm »
I used the puppy pads with Kaila and Shiner.  Since Kaila was 8 weeks old when I got her I put the pads in every room of the house so that she had a spot in case I didn't see her before she had to go outside.  Then as she got older I started weeding out the pads in the rooms that I didn't want them in.  The other thing was that Kaila watched the kitties and her older sister on where to potty.  When she was a puppy she would use the litterbox to pee in.  I wish I had pics of that.  If I were moving the pads from one location to another I would just start slowly moving them across the room to the area that you want them to be in.  But I would definitely work on the housebreaking issue also.  I raised two lab/dalmation pups in a second story apartment so I understand the stairs and everything.  I have found it's better to have the foundation laid on potty training than waiting until after a move.  Hope that helps.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience