Author Topic: Conversation with my neighbour concerning intact males..  (Read 1990 times)

Lyn

Conversation with my neighbour concerning intact males..
« on: November 09, 2006, 10:04:26 pm »
This morning when I had Bubba and Lola out to potty my neighbour (Yes! The one I hate with a passion..lol) walked over to our fence and asked me if I had seen his dog. He said he broke out of his pen sometime during the night and that the female lab on the next road over is in heat and outside on a tie-out. ::) The idiot never learns.  >:(

So basically my neighbour went on about how nuts his dog gets while she's in heat. Digging, barking, whining and breaking 'through' the fencing on his pen etc... He's complaining they should get her fixed.. but yet he refuses to neuter his own dog because it costs too much. ::)

Then he asked me about Bubba. He seems to care less about having an in heat female close by. I'm seeing no reaction at all from him. After thinking about it I've never really seen any intact male behaviours at all. Not that I'm complaining. I'm glad he's not a sexual hormonal beast, LOL But isn't it odd?

Just a disclaimer for those that don't know.. Yes Bubba will be neutered at 24 months or as soon as I get him up to weight. Whichever comes first. ;)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2006, 10:05:27 pm by Lyn »

Lyn

Re: Conversation with my neighbour concerning intact males..
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 02:34:45 am »
Actually after I posted company came in and Bubba sat there whining like a fool. Not for their attention but for them to let him out the door.. GREAT.. and the fun begins.  :(

As for the neighbor, I'm actually surprised he comes anywhere near me. I hit him in the face with a ceramic coffee mug once and told him to go you know where using lots of colorful words. :D

I can't even remember now exactly what he did to deserve the cup to the head.. but in the past he's tried to feed Bubba roadkill!, told me I'm starving him and proceded to throw rotten food over the fence for Bubba to eat. He tried to let Bubba out of the fence (we have padlocked the gate since then), encouraging Bubba to jump the fence.. god the list goes on. So I go outside with the dogs now regardless of the weather.

Forgot the brick wall.. I was thinking more along the lines of a cattle prod. Muahahahah  ;D

Lyn

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 07:09:28 am »
Yeah I remembered posting it but I was too lazy to look. LOL He's done so many things it's mind boggling. I wish he's move. :D

Bubba is still whining on and off.. and he's beginning to drive me batty. He wants outside constantly..  :-\

Offline TheUnSaintlySaintClan

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 11:31:42 pm »
This guy sounds like an idiot. First of all complaining that it's too expensive for him to get his dog neutered and then expecting the female's owners to get her spayed is stupid. I believe it actually costs more to get a female done than a male. For males it's just a snip-snip. For females it's a surgery.

Second of all, after my experience with Simon not being neutered and Heidi in heat, I know that a male will do ANYTHING to get to a female in heat. I have half of a bathroom door to prove that.

And as for the neighbor with the female in heat on a tie out...he's just asking for trouble. That's like cutting your leg and standing in a pool of sharks. She's irresistible to intact males (at least some  ;)) Thankfully not yours.  ;D
"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." ––Louis Sabin