Author Topic: Pet Star????  (Read 12656 times)

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
  • Zachary Thomas 1 year old.
    • View Profile
Pet Star????
« on: March 22, 2005, 11:09:25 am »
I am sure you all have heard of the show Pet Star on animal planet....

I was just wondering if anybody wanted to share any special talents that their dogs have with all of us.....

tell us about your PET STARS!!!!!!

my dog is my best friend, he listens when no one else will and licks away my tears....you can not lie to your dogs they can see right into your soul, and they will love you no matter what they see there.

Lorrie

Re: Pet Star????
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 06:58:54 pm »
I've never seen this show, I don't think, unless it's the ones w/ the famous judges? 

Anyway, some of my dogs various and assorted talents include:

Sitting on the couch on his butt while his front feet are on the floor so that he can watch tv in comfort. 

Rolling in the grass at least 6 times a day (More if he just had a bath). ::)

Going for tractor rides. 8)

Chasing squirrels (a long-time favorite!) ;D

Snoring. :-X

Helping to clean sliding glass doors by licking them clean. :(

Shaking his head sending drool flying.  (Even onto the ceiling.) ???

Walking back and forth in the back of the Jeep causing it to rock sideways. ::)

The perenniel spring time favorite...get ting sprayed by a skunk (twice). :'(

But his best trick is just being his old lovable self.  Wouldn't trade him for all the dogs who can do fancy tricks in the world!   :)

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 08:27:23 pm »
I've never seen this show, I don't think, unless it's the ones w/ the famous judges?  

Sitting on the couch on his butt while his front feet are on the floor so that he can watch tv in comfort.  

Shaking his head sending drool flying.  (Even onto the ceiling.) ???

But his best trick is just being his old lovable self.  Wouldn't trade him for all the dogs who can do fancy tricks in the world!   :)

LOL ;D ;D ;D

I completely agree that your dog has many special talents that make him a star in your eyes....lol

They are the best kind of things a dog can do....things that bring smiles to your face on even the most blue of days.

Christi
my dog is my best friend, he listens when no one else will and licks away my tears....you can not lie to your dogs they can see right into your soul, and they will love you no matter what they see there.

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 02:35:59 pm »

??? Where's my glasses??? Oh let me ask my pet star..... Lucy! Where'd ya hide my glasses this time????

LOL  ;D  That's about all of Lucy's tricks.....

She rolls over nice for everyone to pet her belly.... LOL

Renee

But his best trick is just being his old lovable self.  Wouldn't trade him for all the dogs who can do fancy tricks in the world!   :)

Lorrie

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 06:10:44 pm »
That's right Christie, and I didn't even mention his ability to get stuck under our bed when he is dreaming!  And he has the fantastic capability of doing that with regularity too! ;D

Lorrie

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 06:11:59 pm »
Renee,
Sammy hides things too!  Maybe they're in cahoots!   ;)

Offline RottiesRmyLuv

• Gnawer
  • Britta
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2005, 01:04:42 am »

LOL ;D ;D ;D

I completely agree that your dog has many special talents that make him a star in your eyes....lol

They are the best kind of things a dog can do....things that bring smiles to your face on even the most blue of days.

Christi
  Ditto here too, my Girls dont do anything that would get them on that Show, but I think that is the Best Talent all of our Dogs have, and that is making us Smile.    Lorna

Offline RottiesRmyLuv

• Gnawer
  • Britta
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2005, 01:10:54 am »
That's right Christie, and I didn't even mention his ability to get stuck under our bed when he is dreaming!  And he has the fantastic capability of doing that with regularity too! ;D

LOL, Lady just Loves to sleep on my Husbands side of the Bed and Dream about running, and of course her back legs are always touching the wall so she wakes him up all the time.  It drives him crazy!!  Also, she is the Loudest snorer, ommggg!!  Thank God she cant fit under our Bed.  Lorna

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 10:58:49 am »
That is basically what I was looking for....the special talents that each of your dogs have that make them your star.... :)

They don'g have to be outragous talents....jus t the ones that make you laugh....or sometimes growl.... ;D

Christi

Lorrie

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2005, 06:56:13 pm »
LOL, Lady just Loves to sleep on my Husbands side of the Bed and Dream about running, and of course her back legs are always touching the wall so she wakes him up all the time.  It drives him crazy!!  Also, she is the Loudest snorer, ommggg!!  Thank God she cant fit under our Bed.  Lorna
Sammy lays next to the bed, and when he runs in his dreams, his legs hit the closet door and it's so darn loud!!  And believe it or not, I raised our bed by putting it on wheels so that Sammy can't get stuck as easily. So it doesn't happen as often, but it happens.

And this is the sick world I live in....I raised my bed so my dog could sleep under it.  I moved a coffee table so that Sammy wouldn't do it every day. And I recently bought a hair dryer...for my dog.  Darn dogs live better than I do.  When I die, I want to come back as one of MY dogs!  ;D ;D ;D

Lorrie

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2005, 06:57:37 pm »
That is basically what I was looking for....

Thanks Christie, I love it!  What does yours do?

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 01:25:20 pm »

Thanks Christie, I love it!  What does yours do?

Well he has this awful cute way of starting at one side of the living room and while lying on his side sliding to the other side of the living room while loudly moaning as we would during a good massage...lol

he also has the amazing talent of tripping up the steps every time he follows my daughter up to the bedroom excitedly....w ith out fail you hear him running up and then...thump, thump, thump...as his front legs miss the step and he lands on his chest....lol

and I can't forget the lovely push the button for a snack trick....my daughter has these magnets on the fridge that have buttons that when you push them the say things like circlc, 1, or A etc.....anyway ...Zach will go out to the fridge sit in front of it and repeditly hit the "circle" one over and over until my daughter gives him a bone..lol
it is actually cute that the two of them have this all worked out except that my 3 year old still has to learn that you can't give him a bone every time....he'll sit in front of the fridge pushing that button!!!!lol

Christi

Lorrie

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 08:02:39 pm »
Haha Christie, that is all sooo funny! My Cocker falls up the stairs like that and I hate to admit it, but I laugh every time she does it!  The trick of getting treats from your daughter is a riot! Your dog has trained her well.   ;) 

Jen

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2005, 01:54:01 pm »
Thunder can open a drawer pick something out he thinks I should wear and then closes the drawer so I'll think a magic waredrobe fairy laid out my outfit!

He also feels it his his job to direct my SUV up the driveway and into the garage when I am comming home.

He is so self sufficent that when he wants to go out he jumps up and hits the garage door opener with his giant paw and is so impressed with himself when the magic door opens and lets him out!

Offline lisa2270

• Gnawer
  • Anatolian Shepherds Rule...But So Rotties!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2005, 03:12:18 pm »
My Anatolian, Zeka absolutely loves sugar & candy.  If you mention "sugar" he comes running.  One time we caved in & gave him a small banana flavored Runt candy.  Instead of just swallowing it whole like you'd think most dogs would, he sat there & sucked on the darn thing, rolling it around in his mouth.  :o

He'll "shake" & "speak", but that's about the extent of his regular tricks. 

Oh, and he purrs like a big, fat kitty when you rub his ears.  Silliest thing I've ever heard.
Love my 3 babies - Zeka, Bodhi & Princess Buttercup