Author Topic: Message to the Media from responsible pit bull owners  (Read 9191 times)

Offline White Woofers

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Message to the Media from responsible pit bull owners
« on: November 28, 2006, 06:57:27 am »
This is by far the best presentation about pit bulls. 
http://server.inalbum.com/show/jodipreis/Message_to_the_Media2.html?296033009

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Message to the Media from responsible pit bull owners
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 07:12:19 am »
that brought tears to my eyes!  thank you from all of us, especially caine!!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 07:48:37 am »
Wow, thank you so much! That was awesome. Nova is my first pit bull. I have never listened to the stereotypes that come along with them because I ALWAYS, even as a child, knew that pit pulls were agressive because THEIR OWNERS made them that way. My mother went along with it and was scared of pits until now. With me having Nova she is learning that it is not the breed that is aggressive. Yes, they have certain traits, but dogs learn what WE teach them. That was very moving and it is an issue that needs to be addressed. It is absolutely true that EVERY dog has it in them by nature to be aggressive when necessary, it is our responsiblity to teach them when to act on it, and when not to. It is up to all of us doglovers and humans alike to spread the word. SO many pits are being killed and not allowed in the US because of this sterotype. This has got to stop!! What next is the question?? Will they ban large breeds beacause they are intimidating in size?

Thank You to you for posting this.

Kirsti

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 04:05:05 am »
Oh my! that is too sweet! And thank you for posting that! I have grown up around pit bulls, its seems like until I came along and added to our furpack, that we only had pit bulls and labs.. but what wonderful family dogs pit bulls are. They are so sweet to, and it is in the way you train them. In my area, as I'm sure a lot of others, if a Pitty go's to the shelter it will, no questions asked, be put down. It's just horrible! There is one lady, that I know of, who will foster pitties and makes sure they have a great home, and will be treated right.. I'm so glad people did this, Pit Bulls are the most dissrespected breed I can think of..

~K

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 04:06:03 am »
here in atlanta there is a pitbull rescue, it's the only one i've ever heard of
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline TheUnSaintlySaintClan

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 07:13:47 am »
That was so great. I live in a neighborhood where there are many irresponsible pit bull owners who let their dogs roam and encourage them to be aggressive. It's a shame because they are so loving. Our good friends have a pair and they are so gentle around the kids. That video is a great example of how good owners can produce good dogs no matter what breed.
"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." ––Louis Sabin

Icerotti

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 07:36:43 am »
That was a great video.  It makes me so sad. When  I am driving and see the pits here ,that by law have to be muzzled.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 12:54:35 am »
what a touching video! As the owner of a 1/2 pit (the other 1/2 is dobie) bundle of love, I say thank you!

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 03:41:06 am »
 :o :o :o :o :o

That was a beautiful video only the damage has been done the media has blown this breed into doggie damnation.I myself having a 4 1/2 year old rescued AMS Pit Bull i m aware of the wrongful media this breed has incountered.my milo is the perfect example of a loving kind loyal Big baby.He has no clue of why he should hate the mailman or UPS person he loves kids and older people and just can't figure out why his sister is always trying to rough him up. Well lets see before the pit it was the rotties and before them it was the dobies and before them it was the german shep in most cases the owners are to blame not the dog or breed. Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 08:57:14 am »
This is by far the best presentation about pit bulls. 
http://server.inalbum.com/show/jodipreis/Message_to_the_Media2.html?296033009

That was awesome. It would be only a miracle though that the media would ever help to portray this wonderful breed as the tru greatness that they are! Thanks so much for posting!!! ;D
Mommy to
one baby girl 1 yr and one boy 3 yrs
pitbull Justice-70 lbs. @ 10 mos.
2 kitties Thelma and Louise 1 year.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 05:47:52 am »
I had not seen this video the first time around so thanks for bringing this thread up again.
Very powerful and moving video with a message I wish everyone knew.