Author Topic: What does your dog do that you've never seen before?  (Read 8031 times)

Offline TannerW

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Roxie
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
What does your dog do that you've never seen before?
« on: December 08, 2006, 12:22:41 am »
I've shared a house with no less than 3 dogs since I was born, and Roxie has a long list of behavioral firsts - but probably the funniest is the fact that she loves anything shiny (solidifying her femininity in my eyes ::)), and will 'groom' anything shiny in a vigorously obsessive manner.  (By groom, I mean nibbling on it with her front teeth.)

I'm talking jewelry, earrings, coins, paperclips, plastic wrapping, even the inside part of potato chip bags.  If it is shiny, she will groom it and she will groom it well. 

She seems to do it, in particular, when she's waiting on something.  A lot of times she'll track me down in the house and let me know that she needs to go outside.  If I'm busy and tell her 'no', I virtually always hear the tell-tale munch within a minute.  The munching will last until I'm so annoyed by it that I have to get up and give her what she wanted.

Like I said, this is the first on a long list for Roxie, but what does your dog do that you've never seen from another dog?

Icerotti

Re: What does your dog do that you've never seen before?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 12:38:38 am »
Heeeeheee this is a good post. Roxie is funny. I have never seen a dog so obsessed with pool balls(any ball really)like Puck is. When we first got him he jumped right up on the pool table when my husband was playing pool :o He gets so excited if you just go and touch the pool table cover ::)

Rosie stares at the fireplace in our new house. I have the dog bed there and she sits in front of the fire and just stares and eventually nods off.

Farley ,oh where do I begin with Farley. ::) Farley has an obession with dolphines like I have never seen with any dog....hahahah a. Farley just does retard things one after another...lol
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 12:49:20 am by Icerotti »

Kirsti

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 12:46:11 am »
Haahaa! Both your puppers are funny!  ;D....Sammi doesn't chase anything...but in the last few years, I've noticed her chasing bees (she's caught 2, and killed them) and UPS trucks.... not sure why, just a odd quirk she has, its really funny though...

~K

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 12:50:47 am »
Haahaa! Both your puppers are funny!  ;D....Sammi doesn't chase anything...but in the last few years, I've noticed her chasing bees (she's caught 2, and killed them) and UPS trucks.... not sure why, just a odd quirk she has, its really funny though...

~K

Ups truck thats funny. My cousins rotti hates cop cars. They live close to a highway and he can hear the police car coming before we can see it.He gets all agitated.

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 12:59:13 am »
OH where do I start! LOL  Koby is just nuts, but I think most of you probably knew that! lol  He has now learned that when I say "spin" he spins in circles as fast as he possibly can then falls down.  I've never ever taught him that I was just messing around one day and said "SPIN SPIN" and he did it! lol  He'll also talk when my daughter blows up a balloon or plays the harmonica.  ::) He'll start grumbling and honestly he sounds exactly like a wookie!  Yeah, he's my "special" boy!

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 01:45:20 am »
These are great posts!! Dogs are so funny. I know there are some things about Bella and Pepper I could mention here, but the one dog of mine that comes to mind for me was Abagail, our shaggy/poodle some-kind-of-mutt dog (we had LOTS of those  :D). She had an outright obsession with feet. She absolutely had to lick everyone's feet clean. And she spent lots of time on it, carefully wrapping her tongue around each toe so as to get the spaces in between. ;D LOL It got so bad,  that people learned to LOVE the feeling, so they would come over and instantaly kick off their sock and shoes and then call Abby.  I sware that poor dog spent more time cleaning eveyrone's feet for them then sleeping by the time everyone caught on!!! 
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 02:06:20 am »
Hi,

Winslow is a foot licker also. He will not stop his pedicurial habits until you put a shoe on. He will try to knock your shoe off to get at your feet if he can. Silly Puppy
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 02:41:53 am »
Fun thread!!

Cowboy, as most of you know, has many health issues but one thing he can do really well is catch!  I know that seems most dogs can do it, but Cowboy won't move at all to catch...but if it's anywhere within reach, it's his.  Hubby loves to throw him pieces of banana every morning.  Cowboy just lays there, drooling, waiting for his share of banana!

Chester is just a goof: all the time!!  For a Newf, he is incredibly active and will chase my friend's Dobie trying to get her non-exsistent tail.  He's fascinated with her stub!!

Weirdo!!!

Offline TannerW

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Roxie
    • View Profile
    • my myspace
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 02:42:23 am »
If I ever meet either of you, remind me not to let your dogs lick me in the face.  As much as they have a foot fetish, I have a foot phobia.  Toes and the feet they are attached to really gross me out.  Worst part of a human's anatomy in my mind. :P

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 02:54:20 am »
Harley like Ozzy is a beer guy - he will stare at my hubby or any guest just sit staring at the bottle??

He also steals laundry while I am in the laundry room.

Finally, just like a child; if I am on the phone or not paying attention he will steal things..mitten s, toys, dish towels, potholders and then runs around the island in the kitchen like a crazy dog....such a goof

Atticus - LOL!!

chaosndestruction

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006, 04:45:50 am »
HAHAHA we all truly have some unique dogs!!!

Keela is the biggest talker EVER. I've grown up with dogs that talk, we had a dane when I was about 7 (she rooed a lot) and my parents have Keelas parents. Her dad is a talker but not this bad. She will "talk" whenever I'm talking and not paying attention to her, when she wants something, when i'm on the phone (people usually go "What was that?"...and whenever she feels like she's being ignored. Instead of yiping if you step on her she'll grumble at you then tell you off (roo a lot).

Oh and if you are a rope handle/loop or any other rope part attached to a stuffie...WATC H OUT. The stuffie must undergo plastic surgery to have that rope removed! She will literally pick ever stitch just to remove the rope! Forget the squeaky...that rope just doesn't belong!

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 05:25:51 am »
If I ever meet either of you, remind me not to let your dogs lick me in the face.  As much as they have a foot fetish, I have a foot phobia.  Toes and the feet they are attached to really gross me out.  Worst part of a human's anatomy in my mind. :P

i second that ;)
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 11:41:22 am »
Zero pushes ALL his food out of his bowl, on to the floor, then he eats it off the floor... what a weirdo ahhaha
he just did a search thru memphis' food dish too, hes not going to find anything different. haha silly dog
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 10:16:17 pm »
Jesse is my weirdo- several of the dogs in my life have rooed a lot, but he is the first I have ever known that will put in the effort to make his "ROOOO" sound like words.  Understandable words, at that!  He says "Hello", "out", "I wanna go", "I love you" , "My Mom-mom" ,and sometimes even puts it together, such as "I wanna go out", or "I love my Mom-Mom".  I am working on getting him on video, so when I finally catch him in time, I will post the videos.

Weedsport, NY

Lyn

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 10:33:49 pm »
Bubba is my beer hound. I NEED to get him on video doing this.. he takes a bottle out of the case and puts it on the floor.. Then he steps on the neck so that any beer left in the bottle spills on the floor. He drinks it then repeats the process until the case is empty and the floor is covered in slobber and bottles. LOL Funny thing is he never takes a bottle to the same place twice.. it's like he knows I'll hear if they clank together. :D

But he made the mistake of teaching Lola to be a beer hound. She hasen't quite perfected the technique. She just smashes the bottles around and gives them both away. Hahaha