Author Topic: Tomorrow's a BIG day!  (Read 16014 times)

Anakalia

Re: Tomorrow's a BIG day!
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2006, 11:26:18 pm »
How exciting!!!  I'd love to hear how things went.  :D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2006, 12:57:55 am »
Ohhhhh I am so excited for you... cant wait to see pics of your new baby and to hear all about him/her!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 03:48:39 am »
My boyfriend and I made it to Goldendale on Saturday just in time to check into the dog-friendly motel and give Toni a call. We met at her office and she brought three candidates for us to meet. She said she brought a little boy named Newman who was not on my list, but she still wanted me to meet him, because she felt he was perfect. The other two were named Emily (female, of course) and Cisco (large male). Cisco had nearly died in his past and had been 40 pounds overweight.

Here's how it went:

Newman was very timid. He's afraid of people, especially men, because he was beaten with a broom. He'd been at the rescue for at least 1.5 years now. Toni said this could be, in part, because he was more timid/shy and he was not macho with a big Rottie head. Anyway, Newman got along great with Betti and Pepe (my boyfriend's long-haired Chihuahua).

Then we tried out Cisco and Emily. Emily was raised with a female pit bull, so she was a candidate having been around another female. Cisco was a mellow boy. When Emily met Betti she was happy and knelt into a play bow, but Betti--due to her negative experiences with Greta--got scared and lunged, teeth bared, toward Emily. So that was out.

Cisco immediately mounted Betti and he weighed about 120 pounds (at least). Betti's eyes bulged out and her little face contorted into this "please get him off me" look.

In essence, Betti made the decision...and Pepe, too. Newman was chosen by Toni because she felt he would be perfect for us, but she didn't tell us about him--he was a surprise. She has over 50 Rotties and so much experience she really knew how to place him in the right home...and he's been waiting for a while.

He's a shy boy, but he settled right in to the motel the first night, went out for potty breaks, rode home in the car (5 hours), and explored the house. He is so excited to see me every time I come home he leaps around and wiggles and whines and does the lick monster routine.

I'll post photos soon.

Oh, and he and Betti do a dance. It's just like Flamenco. They stomp and their movements are deliberate and rigid. They turn their heads. Then stomp. Then spin. Then stomp. Then bow. Then move around each other like dancers.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 03:50:31 am »
And NO, it's not the boyfriend I broke up with--the @ss who was jealous when I fed Greta cooked food. My NEW boyfriend, and that's another story, is someone I couldn't have imagined I'd meet in a million years. We went to gradeschool and junior high together. :) He's fabulous, super, wonderful, and we have everything in common.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 03:57:07 am »
Oh Moon, I am soooo happy for you! It sounds like things panned out exactly how they were meant to... and you now have a wonderful new member of the family!  Can not wait to see pics of your new boy! are you keeping his name? (I think it is adorable)!

p.s. the new boyfriend sounds pretty awesome too!

Kirsti

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 04:03:09 am »
ooh! I can't wait to see pictures! He sounds to cute! 

~K

Anakalia

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 04:48:05 am »
YAY!!!  I'm so glad everything worked out the way it did.  Congrats on the New-man. hahahaa Cute name too!  It sounds like he's fitting in really well, it's awesome when everything comes together so perfectly!   :) 

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2006, 06:45:18 am »
Congratulation s, Moon, on Newman and your New Man, heh heh...  ;)

It's great when good things happen.  Both of your new guys could not be luckier...

*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2006, 08:03:05 am »
I am so happy for you. I just cant wait to see pics of Newman. Congratulation s on your new pup.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 01:44:59 am »
Congratulation s on your new addition; it sounds like Newman was waiting for you!  I hope everyone continutes to get along and you all have a wonderful happy relationship (the boyfriend too).

We are all patiently (or not) waiting for pictures.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 11:55:03 pm »
We are all patiently (or not) waiting for pictures.

Not! 

I'm so glad that you found just the right match!!!!!!!!  Congrats to all of you, including what sounds like a great new boyfriend!
Daphne

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2006, 12:26:07 am »
OK, so congrats are definitely in order, but I have to tell you Im dying for pics!!!!! Pics, please please please, post us some pics!  ;) I can't wait to see Newman.
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat