Author Topic: !!!!!!!!!-NICKERBOKKER NEEDS HELP....digital cameras......  (Read 6951 times)

nickerbokker

!!!!!!!!!-NICKERBOKKER NEEDS HELP....digital cameras......
« on: July 01, 2005, 02:40:43 pm »
well.....i have decided to empty all saving, all food money, all extra money whatsoever...a nd buy a darned digital camera so i can START a photo collection of the boys.  i wasted all the cute pix on the regular camera, or just by not taking them....so i figure i will try to get a few cute ones before angus goes totally ugly.

my question is what camera do you have and how much do you love it from 1-10.  10-best.  how easy is it to use, great quality?  so on.  i want to buy one today....so respond quickly LOL.....

thanks yall

lins_saving_grace

Re: !!!!!!!!!-NICKERBOKKER NEEDS HELP....digital cameras......
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 02:48:58 pm »
I have a Kodak Easy Share 3.1.  I love it!!!  I can get great prints from a low resolution image.  And I can download the pics from the camera to the computer and the easy share program online is great. :) 
Check them out at Sears, Curcuit City, etc.  I only paid $175 for mine and that included the 2 year warranty.
Good Luck.

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 03:56:12 pm »
We have a Fuji Fine pix. It takes really phenomenal pictures...but, its got a TON of like, professional features that I kind of hate. I just want to point and click. But, my boyfriend likes to pretend he's a photographer, so he felt the need for all of those options. It was kinda expensive, too. I think like, $400. Its a 6 megapixel. And it has some kinda wicked good zoom. I dunno. Its all complicated!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 04:12:44 pm »
My boyfriend (and by extension, myself ;) ) has a sony cybershot 5.0 megapixels. I don't know how much it cost, but I really like it (and I was a photo minor in college, so I'm fairly particular about cameras). We also bought my mom a kodak easyshare for christmas and she loves it - it takes good pictures but is super user friendly (thats why we picked it for her).

Check amazon.com and epinions.com to read lots of reviews. Amazon usually has really good deals too.
RIP former BPO

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 04:16:28 pm »
epinions is my b-friend's FAVORTIE site! He absolutely has to read no less that a zillion opions before he buys ANYTHING! hahahaha!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2005, 04:19:47 pm »
We also bought my mom a kodak easyshare for christmas and she loves it - it takes good pictures but is super user friendly (thats why we picked it for her).

Heh heh, when my mom and dad got their digital camera, she made me go to the store with her to pick it out, and told me "you need to tell the guy what we want".  So, in describing what features it should have, I made the mistake of actually saying out loud to the guy what I was thinking, which was "it has to be easy to use.  I mean super easy.  Like, easy enough that chimps could figure it out."  My mom nearly killed me.  I couldn't get her to believe that I was really referring to my dad!   ;D

I am no help on this subject.  Our camera was free with our computer and therefore is so sucky that I just use my camera phone, (also obviously sucky).  
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2005, 05:05:41 pm »
We have a 5.0 mega pixel Kodak easyshare.It is simple to use and it takes good pictures
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Icerotti

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2005, 05:30:41 pm »
I have a HP 945 photosmart- it has  5.3 MP  & a 56xzoom. The zoom is amazing. It takes great pics and would be even better if I really knew how to use it!!!! ::) It was around $400.00. My best friend bought one she loved it so much and so did her sister inlaw.
Good Luck ;D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2005, 06:05:29 pm »
Olympus C765 Ultra Zoom,  it is a 4.megapixal.  We love it. I keep it on the table so I can grab it for those cute shots.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2005, 08:23:42 pm »
Get the Canon Elf...with the warranty protection from Best Buy. It is sooooo worth it!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2005, 09:54:09 am »
I have the Kodak Easyshare as well. I love it.Really easy to use and great pictures. 5.0 megapixal.
Good luck. Cant wait to see all your pictures Nicki. ;D
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2005, 09:10:40 pm »
Nick.I love to take pics.I found a great deal at walmart.com on a fuji 6 megapixel with zoom for only $300.Im one for research and checked everywhere for the best deal.Good luck!

Offline slickerk

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2005, 07:53:44 am »
Megapixels aren't that important, unless you plan on blowing pictures up. Mine is only a 2.1 mp cheapy hp (that I grabbed at wal-mart a couple of years ago) and I have been complimented on how bright and clear the photos are.
I would look around, find one that you are comfortable with it in your hands and seems easy for you to work.
There is a Canon powershot (3.2 mp) for only like $150... you pretty much go up in price from there. I would shop around too and check ads. Good luck!

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2005, 08:50:55 am »
I personally prefer to go with Nikon and Canon, Olympus, Leica, Minolta, etc.  Nikon is my favorite, but I see some great quality from Canon...and of course Leica.  It depends on what you want.  It can become rather frustrating to work with a point-and-shoot camera as you evolve into a photographer who sets goals and finds they are impossible to achieve with limited features, such as lack of macro for close, close-ups, etc.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 02:59:52 pm »
we have a canon and I LOVE IT and like Jaba said, they have great warrenty. O dropped it and when you zoomed in it had spots on the pics, we brought it back and they gave us a new one! It has so many dif options. The black and white pic on my avatar was taken with the canon. You can take mini movies with it and it has sound!. We also had a Kodak, easy to use but not as many photo taking options, I would go with a canon.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)