Author Topic: New to site  (Read 5925 times)

Offline Denjen323

• Gnawer
  • My Sleeping Boy!!
    • View Profile
New to site
« on: July 01, 2005, 09:25:54 pm »
 :)
I love this site!!
We own a Greyhound we adopted out of Michigan (REGAP) a few months ago and I have to say we are in LOVE with him.
He is amazing..we have owned may breed of dogs and even some cats and still nothing will compare.
This site is great for advice and sharing thoughts and stories of others with this breed as well as others.
I am so glad it's here for us to ask and others to answer.
Thanks for the site!!
Where we live there is not many Greyhounds around so it's nice to see other of these amazing "furbabies" being adopted out and off the race track.  The things that some of them do to these animals it's amazing how well they are with families.
All they want is to be loved and taken care of.

Jennifer

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: New to site
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 09:28:25 pm »
Nice to meet you Jennifer and welcome to the BPO family! Your dog is amazing. He looks like he is very happy in his new home too. I look forward to seeing more pics of him and reading the stories that you tell.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 06:23:41 am »
 ;D
Welcome Jennifer & Brandon!!

Renee & Lucy!

Offline Greytmom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 06:17:12 am »
 :) Hi Jennifer,

Our adoption group here called GAP (greyhound adoption program) did a 2 week blitz in the major newspapers, TV and radio stations and flyer in city cafe'. The aim was showing people how greyt greyhounds are and that they are family friendly dogs. For a country with a small population our state group in Victoria had over 100 people respond. I think the more people that see greyhounds in public and see how friendly they are the more people will adopt them. They make wonderful pets as you have found out.

Toni, mom of Jessica and Oz
Toni

Greyhounds are great

Offline Denjen323

• Gnawer
  • My Sleeping Boy!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 09:38:30 am »
I think the more we are out there the more people will see these beautiful "furbabies" and perhaps will want to take one home.
They are amazing...ever ything about them you would think the way they are treated they would be out to hurt you but they are so gentle.
Thanks for the great welcome all.
Jennifer