Author Topic: Bailey  (Read 4935 times)

bigdogs@5501

Bailey
« on: December 15, 2006, 02:23:48 am »
I have to share the Bailey story before I post her birthday pics on Sunday. Bailey will be turning 1 on Sunday.
To me Bailey is a special gift. This past February I buried my dad on a Tuesday and my beloved Tank, who was a Pyrenees on a Friday. Tank was 16 mos old and died unexpectantly while I was at work. It seems that he had an undiagnosed congenital heart defect. I got the call at work at 10Am and just walk out of the office and came home. Tank was an extremely special dog- I got him when he was 8 weeks old. We were having our house built at the time and Tank joined us every weekend that we were out on the property getting everything ready for the big move. Tank was my best friend, our protector and a major part of the family, so losing him put me in a major depressed state. I will say that I was able to control the total breakdown until I had him buried in his favorite spot by the creek. For those who have never dug an hole large enough to bury a 120 pound dog, I can personally vouch for the therapeutic benefit. As long as I was digging the hole, in the subfreezing rain, I was fine. I had a mission. Once it was done. I was a complete and total wreck.
The next morning as I was moving about in my fog, our local News station highlighted Bailey as thier morning pup. There was something about her when I saw her on TV. I had not even contemplated another dog and knew nothing about Newfs (she is 1/2) I mentioned to my husband that hey, maybe we should just go and see if she had been adopted. We tossed the idea back and forth and finally decided to make the hour drive into Dallas, just to see. Well she was there, I was surprised since we got there fairly late in the afternoon.
After I picked her up, it was too late, something about puppy breath and her sweet little eyes, she was coming home. Bailey was about 6 weeks old and had never been socialized. She was a hellion. She certainly got me out of the depressed state quite quickly. Bailey is now a wonderfully sweet, extremely smart girl, who actually enjoys me loving on her and holding her.
So in order for Bailey to be a part of my life- I had to lose Tank. Tank is forever in my heart. And my Bailey girl is usually under my feet, or on my bed,which seems to work out well for the two of us.
Bailey is one of many here at the house- but she is special and I am lucky to have her and I am honored to be sharing her first birthday with her this sunday.

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
Re: Bailey
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 02:30:28 am »
What a wonderful ending to a sad loss -- Bailey is beautiful and no doubt happy to have you -- hope she has a good birthday Sunday.

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 02:37:52 am »
I'm in tears! Wonderful ending to a sad story is right!  I think it's extra special when our pets find us!  Bailey is such a beautiful girl.  :)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 03:29:54 am »
That is a very bittersweet story.  Here is wishing Bailey a very special girl, a very happy birthday. And sending you mom, extra hugs for a very special anniversary.   :)
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 04:00:48 am »
What a wonderful story.  Thanks for sharing!!

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 07:17:38 am »
I'm over here in tears after reading your post. Thank you for sharing that. I'm so happy that Bailey is in your life. She is such a beautiful girl & such a blessing. I'm looking forward to her birthday pictures on Sunday. 
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

k2campbell

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 07:50:56 am »
What a beautiful story about a beautiful girl  ;) I'm so glad she found you and you found her during your time of loss - sounds like it was meant to be indeed :)

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY BAILEY!!!
  ;D ;D ;D

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 12:58:37 am »
what a fab story!
on a side note i dont see newf in her, but golden and maybe something smaller.
just the same, it doesnt mean she is anything less! she is beautiful, i once groomed a dog that looked like her, named china.
she reminded me more of a golden and a sheperd mix with other stuff! :)
wonderful dog though!
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Icerotti

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 02:48:36 am »
I am so glad you and Bailey found one another. What a touching story .

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 04:13:04 am »
Happy Birthday Bailey!!  I  hope you have a wonderful birthday - it is obvious that you are very well loved and that you love your family just as much!! 

Randy & Harley

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 08:32:43 am »
Happy Birthday, Bailey!  I hope you get lots of spoiling tomorrow on your big day. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 12:03:43 pm »
Happy Birthday, Bailey! I am glad you are a part of a loving family, as well as the BPO family!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 03:39:39 am »
What a beautiful story. As I grab a kleenex, I wish Bailey the happiest of birthdays! Thanks for sharing.