Author Topic: Migraines anyone?  (Read 1216 times)

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Migraines anyone?
« on: December 17, 2006, 12:28:15 am »
Does anyone in the BPO family have a problem with migraines?
I'm really starting to wonder if my little boy 2 1/2 has them,
three times in the last couple weeks has has gone to bed really early and woke up acouple times that night(which is not normal), in the am he has said that his head 'was hot' and then within acouple minutes he throws-up where he's standing. He doesn't have a fever and doesn't feel hot, ask him if his belly hurts and he just rubs his head 'no just hot'. After he is pale as pale can be, eyes glossy, his movement is slower but he wants to eat and everything stays down after that. My family does have a history, but my brother was already in school, are there any tests that can be done to tell or do you think it's just a fluke? Thanks for any help and advice in advance ~ Kim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Migraines anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 01:10:55 am »
I had migraines as a child and each one  of my children has had a least one as a wee thing.  I could always recognize it because of the extreme light sensitivity, the vomiting and noise sensitivity.  The kids are all fine now and seemed to out grow it.  I had them a lot growing up and when I was pregnant  :P!

I would think it would be good to run the symptoms by your pediatrican since there are good meds out there now.  Our home remedy is 7-UP and Excedrine when you get the very first sign.  That usually knocks it down before it gets too much worse.

Good luck!!