Author Topic: Camcorder question?  (Read 2557 times)

Offline LJ06

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Camcorder question?
« on: December 19, 2006, 04:15:01 am »
Hi,
I'm starting to look for a new comcorder. I have one now but it is several years old and not good quality. I know there are tons of different models out there so I was wondering if anyone can help. I basically am looking for a camcorder where I can easily upload videos to interent and the camcorder itself to be small (most are nowadays)- easy to transport- easy to view video's on t.v. too. I dont need anything fancy- not even sure of a price range- maybe $400 or less?? Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Camcorder question?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 12:42:50 pm »
do you want just short video's or over like 5-10 minutes?  my camera takes videos and it's super easy, and it's easy to put on the TV too, you just need a cord and i think a program
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 02:34:06 pm »
I like to go to epinions.com when I have questions about this stuff. It let's you search with a bunch of diiferent specs and you can see real-world review.

Offline bhender254

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 09:15:36 pm »
If you want easy upload to computer be sure it is a digital camcorder not high 8 or one that uses the tapes.

Offline LJ06

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 09:18:54 pm »
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am looking for more than just to shoot short 5-10 minute videos and the mini dvd player sounds neat but may be out of my price range. I will continue to research. I agree with the optical vs digital- digital is what my old one has and it is pretty much useless. Thanks again everyone. :)

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 09:25:28 pm »
We have a Canon and it is very easy to use and doesn't weigh much.  Spare batteries are really nice to have.

We also have Apple computers, so all the software we need for editing stills and movies with effects (iPhoto, iMovie) came with them.  For the price of some of that high-end software and equipment, used Apples can be gotten on places like eBay.

The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua