Author Topic: Update on Fire the new horse with pics  (Read 3312 times)

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Update on Fire the new horse with pics
« on: December 20, 2006, 10:38:53 pm »
I figured I'd give the horsey members an update on my progress with Fire.  He has settled in very well though he's still a little skittish about some stuff.  He's afraid of my mom's mare because she's ripped three of his blankets already.  He's gotten alot better about picking up his feet (he fell when my mom first tried when we were looking at him ::)).  The big news is that I sat on him for the first time last weekend.  He is super comfortable to ride.  He's now measuring 16.1 at the withers and 16.2 at his butt. I plan to start serious ground work with him next week.  He also wore a bridle for the first time but we had to get him an even bigger bit so now he's wearing a 6" French training snaffle.  I'll attach pics of me sitting on him (It was actually my second time on him cause we didn't have anyone to take pics the first time.

Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Kirsti

Re: Update on Fire the new horse with pics
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 10:41:11 pm »
Wow, he sure is a beautiful horse, I think he'll be on my kidnap list, haahaa.... Great pictures, that is great that you were able to sit on him... ;D

~K

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 10:49:28 pm »
Oh Erin - you two look great together! What a beautiful boy!

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 10:49:50 pm »
Oh, Erin!  He is sooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo oooo BEAUTIFUL!!  Big hooves are just as fun to see pics of as big paws!   ;D ;D ;D

He thinks he's a dog and definitely big feet. I swear he loves to be around people more than other horses.  He's always following me around and whenever one of our cars pulls in the driveway he watches and whinnies to greet us.  He'll also stand with his big head in your arms and be perfectly content to stay that way for awhile.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 10:53:44 pm »
What a doll!  He's so handsome!

Looking forward to more pics and progress reports as his training continues!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 10:58:56 pm »
He's beautiful ! Makes you look so tiny on top of him !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Kirsti

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 11:17:10 pm »
Oh, Erin!  He is sooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo oooo BEAUTIFUL!!  Big hooves are just as fun to see pics of as big paws!   ;D ;D ;D

He thinks he's a dog and definitely big feet. I swear he loves to be around people more than other horses.  He's always following me around and whenever one of our cars pulls in the driveway he watches and whinnies to greet us.  He'll also stand with his big head in your arms and be perfectly content to stay that way for awhile.

Awww, thats to cute! defenitly the kinda horse you want...the one that wants to be around you!  ;D

~K

Offline Angeleyes

• Gnawer
  • Maximus - making heads turn since 2004
    • View Profile
    • I Heart Paws- Pet Community & Forums
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 11:30:53 pm »

Awww, thats to cute! defenitly the kinda horse you want...the one that wants to be around you!  ;D

~K

How adorable!!!!

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 12:47:50 am »
I don't know anything about horses, but it seems like a pretty one.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 04:12:56 am »
Just look at you sitting all proud in that first pic... and that you should be. The 2 of you make a perfect pair, cannot wait to see more pics as the 2 of you progress. Glad to hear he is coming along so nice. Cheers to you for doing such an awesome job.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)