Author Topic: What people-food does you dog NOT eat?  (Read 7226 times)

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
What people-food does you dog NOT eat?
« on: December 21, 2006, 05:29:26 am »
So we all know dogs would much prefer our people food over their boring dog food. But what people food can your dog do without?

For Rosie, it would have to be any kind of vegetable (unless it's seasoned or has dressing on it) and oranges (I guess they're too sour for her taste).
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline pink2378

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: What people-food does you dog NOT eat?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 05:57:34 am »
Fun topic!  My husband and I were talking about this the other day.  Lucy will eat any people food but one - bananas.  It's hilarious! She LOVES snap peas as if they were steak and will scarf any fruit, veggie or carb imaginable and of course, meat.  But she will not not not eat a banana!  It's the first food I've seen her flat refuse, she won't even lick it.

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 07:27:39 am »
Bella is quickly becoming known as our furry disposal. I have yet to find anything that she won't eat. Any kind of fruit, any kind of vegetable, you name it she'll eat it.  ;D  Of course this could have it's down side if she ever gets into something I've left out. I have visions of the Beetoven movies were he's eating the Christmas turkey.  ::) 
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline swells

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 09:02:23 am »
Our Saint Harley will not eat pretzels or peanuts. I am not sure if it is the salt or what. He like other salty thing like potato chips and popcorn. He always thinks he needs a pretzel when I am eating them, but if I give one to him he spits it out and looks at me like "Duh, mom, I DO NOT LIKE PRETZELS". One thing he absolutely loves is bananas. When he see me start to peel one he starts drooling like mad.

Stacie

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 09:11:39 am »
our dogs eat everything...  literally.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 11:01:36 am »
Koby will eat anything he can find, including the wrappers the food comes in!  ::) I really have to watch him closely. lol

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 11:40:49 am »
I'm with you & Rosie cuz Bear hates fruits & veggies.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

angelsmama

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 01:23:36 pm »
Angel will eat anything you hand her.. She's not a picky one at all.

Dotty, she was the fun one.. You could make her eat anything if she thought a cat would get it.. Oh but she did have her preferences.. She didn't like plain bread. It had to have butter on it. She loved Cheetos,  puffy over the crunchy. I could never have Cheetos without Dotty looking at me, giving me "the look". You know, the puppy eyes,  the whimpers, the licking of the lips. I went out of the room one day leaving a full bag of puffy Cheetos unattended, when I came back in I found Dotty with her head in the bag.

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 08:40:55 pm »
Hmm...Cabeza will eat many things. He LOVES avocado and peanut butter and jelly. But, he won't eat most fruit besides melon. He LOVES HIM SOME MELON.

He also will not eat fish. He'll eat like, canned tuna or salmon, but if I put a little bit of the salmon fillet I made for dinner in his dish, it will still be there in the morning. Especially if any of the skin is on it. He HATES the skin.

He's doing something really funny now that we have Special, though. He'll beg for say, an apple. I'll tell him, "You don't like apples, you dork." But, he'll persist. So finally, I'll give him the apple. He will take it in his mouth, stand next to Special with it. He'll hold it there until she goes away, and then he walks to the nearest corner and spits it out. Isn't he a dork?

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2006, 09:55:16 pm »
I just made some Newfie-shaped cheesey dog treats yesterday. I held one up for Rosie to see. Rosie looked at it for a sec, sniffed it, and after determining they were yummy-smelling, proceeded to snap at it like the crocodile in Peter Pan. That one is on the 'good-to-eat' list.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline patrick

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Great Pyrenees
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 10:59:59 pm »
I can remember making salads for Poobie, my first Pyr and he would clean the bowl all except for the green peppers.

My current dogs eat most everything and I just got them started on bananas.  April, the queen of all queens, will kill for a slice of mango or papaya.  None of my dogs eat pickles of any kind- unless they are on a McDonalds hamburger

chaosndestruction

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 11:25:48 pm »
I'm still trying to find something Keela won't eat...includin g my flip flops and wall paper...

I keep offering different foods but she keeps eating them.

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 11:26:43 pm »
Bear loves people food! Her faves are pineapple, chips, salmon...almos t anything makes her mouth water even lettuce. I have only seen her spit out and not eat a piece of shrimp.

Offline Sweetkisses07

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 01:30:49 am »
Madisyn will not eat tomatoes...she`ll put it in her mouth and then spit it right out.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 01:32:52 am »
I don't try our dogs with much, mainly snacks that would be good for them. What they did turn their noses up at were bananas. Not sure if they eventually ate them or not, but they weren't in a hurry to. :P