Author Topic: my mom and i had a scare yesterday (funny story!!)  (Read 1359 times)

angelsmama

my mom and i had a scare yesterday (funny story!!)
« on: December 28, 2006, 08:26:22 am »
My mom and I were getting ready to leave yesterday when I happened to look across the street at the neighbors house. There was something off by their shed I couldn't tell from a distance what it was exactly. Something large and brown. I kept watching then it started moving, I noticed it was an absolutely HUGE goat.. I called my mom and stepdad out since the only people who have goats in the area are a mile or so away.. The goat crossed the street we kept watching him mind his own, eating grass. Till he got to the porch, and lowered his head looking at us. We stepped inside and was looking out from behind the door at him. We called the chief of police, what else was there to do? We went out the side door to go around and get to the car. He saw me and jumped off the porch and started towards me. The chief luckily knew exactly what house he came from. He went there but the owner wasn't home, just his wife and she had a baby so she couldn't leave. So he came back we tossed him a couple small leashes we had here and he looped them over his horns. He threw the biggest fit, Tony (chief) bleeted (if thats how it is spelled) back then said "Shhuuuutt uuuuppp". The street dept came to put the goat in the back of the truck to take it home, he wasn't having that.. So they had to WALK the goat home, Tony leaving his car parked on the side of the street. Just thought I would let you hear of our amusing  small town story :P

EllieAndBlu

Re: my mom and i had a scare yesterday (funny story!!)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2006, 09:58:26 am »
Cori - where are the pics?!  That is hysterical! There are benfits to living in a small town... the chief of police will walk your goat home...LOL  :D

bigdogs@5501

Re: my mom and i had a scare yesterday (funny story!!)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2006, 05:24:07 pm »
Life in small country town at its best. I have had donkeys and goats show up at my place. The donkey episode was the best though because of my weirdo neighbor who decided to play cowboy and got drug all over the back pasture on his butt with a cigarette in his mouth. There wasnt much I could do except grab the water hose in case he set the place on fire. He wasnt very amused with me at all but hey- we are in Texas and we were experiencing a drought. I had no intentions of losing my house to a fire.