Author Topic: Brody had her puppies  (Read 20468 times)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Brody had her puppies
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 02:51:20 am »
OH MY GOD. i so want one.
that really ticks me off to hear about what that vet did...Grrr. some people...
Congrats on the pups, can't wait to see more pics...
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 03:12:35 am »
That Vet needs a good kick in the pants, but I would like to place an order for puppy #9 please. All of them are adorable and have great colours. Ann

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 06:37:56 am »
Wow, what a bad Vet.  I am glad you went the legal route and got financial support.

Which ones are the girls?  I want to get my dibs in before they are all snapped up. 
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 08:50:11 am »
More photos please.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 09:01:42 am »
Wow ,I had no idea ! Well , at least the guy is caught and behind bars , who knows what else he is/was capable of doing ! And now you have *puppies* as icing on the cake ! Do you have enough room in your house for that many dogs once they start becoming mobile ? LOL I bet you could have a mansion and it'd still feel tiny with that many great dane pups ! LOL  ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Lyn

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2007, 10:32:38 am »
How could the vet seriously think he would get away with that. ??? And to put your baby under anesthetic for nothing.. Ugh I'd strangle him!

And Oh my 11 puppies! :o

Please god, do NOT let my hubby see this post. *crossed fingers and knocks on wood*  :D

Edit because I can't spell.  ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 10:33:52 am by Lyn »

Offline princessnmi

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2007, 10:51:35 am »
Thanks for all the comments. Well, we made it through our first night. All the pups seem to be doing great and Brody is a wonderful mom. I am going to run a few errands this morning I haven't really left the house in 4 days because I've been terrified that she would have them the second I left her.  ::) guess i'm just a worried mom. I cut and taped a carboard box together and then lined it with plastic as a whelping box. It is like 4 ft by 6ft. I can comfortably sleep in it and i'm 5'11. I know i can comfortably sleep in it because i did for 3 night.  ::) I am having a problem with Brody wanting to sleep on the sides of it. And well the cardboard isn't holding up. So my husband says what if we buy some wood and make a nice one with a door and everything on it. So once I get that done this morning I am going to take pictures of all 9 puppies. I will take a picture of all the girls on a pink background and all the boys on a blue background. That way you guys can see which ones are girls and which ones are the boys. Here are pics of my creative whelping box. That the pups are in right now.
Proudly owned by: Robin-3 yr old Lab mix, Brody 14 month old Great Dane, Moose a 6 month old dane
Loved by my beautiful daughter Makaylee and my soon to be adopted sons Richard and Jay And the husband too I guess

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2007, 11:27:35 am »
Hehe.. great whelping box! :D I'm sure Brody appreciates you sleeping in there to make sure it's comfy. ;)

I cannot wait to follow these pups' story as they grow! Wouldn't it be cool if a bunch of them went to BPO members! Then we could all watch them grow up! I LOVE PUPPIES!!!! :D :D :D

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2007, 11:31:58 am »
OMG... These pups are just too cute.  Please tell me you have homes for them all so I don't continue to try and figure out which one I want.  I have to keep telling myself we are at our limit.

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007, 11:55:49 am »
Shelley- as you know from chat last nite- I am so happy that all of the babies are healthy- now I am glad to hear that you guys had a good nite and that momma has a system to keep all of them happy and fed. I am really looking forward to all of the pics that you are going to post.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2007, 12:28:22 pm »
Those puppies are adorable!  Congrats on their arrival and everyone doing well.  I have to agree that puppy #6 is the cutest!  I'm sure that you'll have everyone here ready to take them off your hands as soon as they are ready. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2007, 01:34:30 pm »
if we were closer, i would SOOOOOOOOOOOOO O take one. lol.
they are really cute. glad to hear u made it the night :) puppy 3 and 8 are my fav's  ;) ;) *nudgenudge*
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 01:53:10 pm by Gevaudan_Jo »
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2007, 04:22:23 pm »
If you don't make a wooden nest box for her do you or anyone you know have an old kiddie pool? The sides are just high enough to keep tiny big paws in for awhile plus you can clean it out easy (just a thought) I cannot pick one yet... so I'll just take ALL ~ okay  ;D glad to hear everyone is doing so well.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2007, 05:37:31 pm »
OMG - I cant stand it - those pups are the cutest little furballs EVER! I NEED at least one or two... or three... oh heck make it  1/2 dozen!  ;)

p.s. LOVE the pic of mom sleeping while keeping her nose on her puppy pile... so sweet!

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 07:45:01 am »
I love the colors on these babies.

I have to know more about this fake spay...did she not show signs of being in heat? and if not why not if all they did was cut her open? Has a vet been able to explain it?