Author Topic: This is horrible and sad.  (Read 11673 times)

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
This is horrible and sad.
« on: January 03, 2007, 03:58:38 pm »
This happened here in L.A. about a month ago.

A friend of a friend's Pit Bulls got out of his yard and was barking at the neighbor next door from on top of the garage.

The neighbor was scared and called the police. The Pits ran back into their OWN yard and weren't bothering anyone. The police got there and went INTO the guy's back yard. The dogs, of course, began to bark at the police. The police then pepper sprayed, and tazered the dogs. When this didn't calm one of the dogs down they shot him twice. He died soon after that.

The guy was called home to find his dog dead on his porch in a pool of blood. The police seem to feel they were justified for what they did. They kept the guy out of his own house for a couple of hours, when the cops left they left the dog there and blood everywhere.

The guy doesn't know if he will sue the city. The city wants to treat this as a personal property thing. Ironically if you harm a police dog it counts as harming an officer. Something I agree with, but there should be some fairness.

I don't really understand how they can just go INTO someone's yard and assault your dog. I know the dogs MIGHT have been a danger if they got out. But I knew for a fact they weren't since I met the dogs and they didn't show agression.

I don't know...its just sad.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: This is horrible and sad.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 04:05:46 pm »
so sad! 
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 05:10:24 pm »
i would think the tazer would make it that much MORE worst, because a dog will react badly when it's in pain...  just a thought.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 05:36:53 pm »
poor dogs!  i've seen the tazor guns work before, and put a huge guy into tears.  maybe the sounds the dog made while it was being tazored scared the cops that much more, if the dog wouldn't be able to get up, and made them react out of fear...?  i can't imagine what they went through.  so sad that people can be like that.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 03:48:03 am »
A tazer will take down a 240lb man, you're on the ground before you know it. The tazer can keep shocking if you keep pressing the button so it should keep you/dog down....the problem may lie in one dog protecting the other. I'm thinking if the dogs were back in their yard, there was probably a gate holding them in, why not just shut the gate and make some attempts to find the owner before approching? Obliviously a better solution was out there.

All good points...anima l control was on the way..but the cops thought that there could be a problem before that. They heard "Pit Bulls" and thought the worst, The sad part was these were rescues who had adjusted to their new lives pretty well. The owner had just spent thousands of dollars getting one dogs hips rebuilt.

He has since rescued another pit and is taking more precautions this time around.

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 07:34:41 am »
Similar story, my friend has 2 pits (which would not harm anything or anyone). The female got out of the privacy fence one day while she was at work and a neighbor was "frightened for her life" as she ran through the neighborhood, instead of calling my friend or her husband, the neighbor call animal control. When they got there she was trying to climb the fence to get back in her own yard and they shot her with a tranqualizer, blood was everywhere in one neighbors yard and Honey died before my friend could get her, she was a free bleeder and they could not stop the bleeding.

Offline TheUnSaintlySaintClan

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 08:06:53 am »
How horrible!!! Plus I can't believe that they just left the bloody dog there for the owner to deal with. That's really compassionate. >:(
"No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich." ––Louis Sabin

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 06:50:58 pm »
 >:( >:(This is horrible and unfortunatly it is the sad truth for pitbull owners and similar breed owners. The police probably just wanted to shoot the dog. Maybe he is afraid of pitbulls but that is no excuse!! >:(If it were me I would really try to sue!! This makes me so angry!! >:( >:(
Mommy to
one baby girl 1 yr and one boy 3 yrs
pitbull Justice-70 lbs. @ 10 mos.
2 kitties Thelma and Louise 1 year.

Offline dogcrazyforever

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Beretta- 7 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 09:28:45 pm »
wow, thats awful...I don't know what I would do. How heartbreaking. .. poor dog!
What Man Doesn't Understand
Man Fears
And What Man Fears
Man Destroys.

Stop B.S.L.

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 11:22:48 am »
This happened here in L.A. about a month ago.

A friend of a friend's Pit Bulls got out of his yard and was barking at the neighbor next door from on top of the garage.

The neighbor was scared and called the police. The Pits ran back into their OWN yard and weren't bothering anyone. The police got there and went INTO the guy's back yard. The dogs, of course, began to bark at the police. The police then pepper sprayed, and tazered the dogs. When this didn't calm one of the dogs down they shot him twice. He died soon after that.

The guy was called home to find his dog dead on his porch in a pool of blood. The police seem to feel they were justified for what they did. They kept the guy out of his own house for a couple of hours, when the cops left they left the dog there and blood everywhere.

The guy doesn't know if he will sue the city. The city wants to treat this as a personal property thing. Ironically if you harm a police dog it counts as harming an officer. Something I agree with, but there should be some fairness.

I don't really understand how they can just go INTO someone's yard and assault your dog. I know the dogs MIGHT have been a danger if they got out. But I knew for a fact they weren't since I met the dogs and they didn't show agression.

I don't know...its just sad.

:'( :'( :'( :'( this should be a highly penalized crime to do this on someones property!!
Mommy to
one baby girl 1 yr and one boy 3 yrs
pitbull Justice-70 lbs. @ 10 mos.
2 kitties Thelma and Louise 1 year.