Author Topic: Healthy fix for diarrhea  (Read 3902 times)

Offline lorizx2

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Healthy fix for diarrhea
« on: January 04, 2007, 10:22:40 am »
We are new to the site.  Just thought I would share some information.  My 8 month old French Mastiff had the runs, took her to the vet 3 times and they cold not find anything wrong with her.  Someone suggested to me pure pumpkin out of the can, not the pumpkin pie kind just plain old pumpkin.  I gave it to her at night and the next morning she had a normal stool, it was so great that it worked so fast.  The vet had given her 4 different medicines and nothing seemed to work.  There is nothing that can hurt them it has lots of fiber and Vitamin C.  Love the site, glad I found it.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Healthy fix for diarrhea
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 10:29:52 am »
Hi and Welcome, your furkids is very pretty. This an awesome site glad you found it. I haven't been here all that long myself ~ but I love it everyone is very nice and oh so helpful, pls post some more pics and a name  :) Pumpkin will be your new best friend( but beware it can be used both ways  :o) ~Kim mom to an old man Hoover and a dirty girl Libby
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 10:43:11 am by LibbyP »
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Krista I

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 10:33:10 am »
Well thanks for the Pumpkin tip, I'll be sure to remember that one, cause there's nothing worse then trying to clean up the runs off your floor lol...

lorim2

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 10:33:52 am »
Awww.She is so CUTE!!  Love that face...Welcome ...

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 11:43:01 am »
We tried pumpkin and it worked great. Now we give it everyday to Lucah.

Anakalia

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 11:53:29 am »
OH MY!!  Your girl is gorgeous, such pretty eyes. 

Offline lukka

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 12:04:50 pm »
My dog gets canned pumpkin twice daily and has for months,  stools are formed but soft to very soft.  Been to the vet and got medication x 1 for the problem but it never corrected it.  I actually think the Vit C added to her glucosamine is the culpret.  It seems to make her stools soft but I am unable to find glucosamine without the Vit C.

Offline lukka

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 12:10:59 pm »
Lukka eats Eagle Pack Holistic,  she had soft stools on the Eukanuba and switched to Eagle Pack but stools are still soft,  I don't know what to make of it.  Her weight is good,  her coat beautiful and seems healthy in every regard other than the soft stools

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 12:26:07 pm »
Welcome to the group. 

We also keep several cans of pumpkin on hand.  Not only does it help with the runs but it will also help get things moving if necessary.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 10:48:36 pm »
Welcome to BPO! :)

I love pumpkin puree. I keep buy a can and freeze it in individual cubes in an ice tray. When she gets diahrea in the summer I let her have it frozen as a cold treat, and the rest of the year I just microwave it for 20-30 seconds on top of her food
RIP former BPO