Author Topic: First bath at home today  (Read 2944 times)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
First bath at home today
« on: January 05, 2007, 06:36:35 pm »
When Butt came here to live he was nothing but a big matted stinky mess,so he went to the grommers and was shaved down. During the summer he kept getting hot spots so I kept him shaved.I noticed in the last week he was starting to smell like a dog,so I knew it was time for a bath.I hate taking him to the groomers,he is gone all day and I don't know about him,but I have seperation anxiety.Well he hates water,he will even leave the room if I turn the water on to brush my teeth.My ex husband offered to come over and try to give him a shower.I pullled him and he pushed him in,but we got him in the shower.He stood pretty good with Mama keeping a loose hold on his collar.After we were done showering I blew some of the excess water off him with the shop vac.Then he was let loose,what a maniac!!!! He kept flopping on the floor rolling around trying to get the offending water off him.Then he targetted my bed :( Needless to say my bed had to be stripped down and washed because everything was soaked.I think once it was over,he actually didn't mind it and was happy he got to stay home for a shower.I know I like the smell of him better showered at home,then when he comes home from the groomer.Hey you never know we might get the hang of this yet and I might even be able to shave him down and save myself the $80 :) Sorry so long,still being a fairly new Mama to a dog I'm easily amused :D
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: First bath at home today
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 06:40:18 pm »
Butt is so silly  :D

Zoey isn't so fond of baths either but we keep the treats flowing so she doesn't mind too much. Then we soak up as much as we can with towels to get most of it off before we blowdry (on cool setting of course).
RIP former BPO

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 01:59:52 pm »
What a good boy to get his bath at home!!!

Teddy is getting stinky too! Maybe you will give me the ambition to get him into the tub?  Maybe....maybe not?  LOL!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline fullsizetrucks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 07:04:38 pm »
I am glad that bath time went well there...we should have pictures though! 

You guys really need to share your secrets with me.  I can't get Dodge anywhere near a bathtub! 
Big dogs make a house a home.
Be nice, you are God to your Dog.

Heidi
Harassed mother of one 2 legged kid, and three 4 legged spoiled brats!

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 09:32:15 am »
I am impressed with your tenacity for the bath.  I take Cosmo to Petco and use their "Do it yourself" service.  It is $12 and then we go buy treats like Bully sticks and it seems like it is all forgotten.  I don't leave him there to dry though.  They have a shop vac to get out most of the water and I take him home to finish the drying

I can't imagine the mess he would create at my house and the broken bones I could suffer if I attempted it at home.  I keep telling Gunnar, my husband, I am building a walk-in dog shower in our laundry room.  One day I am going to do it, too! 

Must be nice today to have such a nice smelling boy!!

Krista
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes