Author Topic: Training Resource and Advice - Discussion Group  (Read 2072 times)

Offline sc.trojans

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Gracie and Skylar
    • View Profile
    • Natural K9
Training Resource and Advice - Discussion Group
« on: January 07, 2007, 06:42:37 pm »

I have often been on BPO recommending Pat Miller as a trainer and author on effective training methods.  She is world renowned and the training editor/writer in Whole Dog Journal and BARK magazine - the two best dog periodicals on the market.

There are so many training needs here, especially with new puppies and rescued dogs, that I want to share her discussion group with you all.  Pat answers behavior questions directly but there are also scores of other trainers, many of whom apprenticed under her, on this site as well, so there is a lot of experienced advice.

You can find her discussion group on Yahoo Groups and called Peaceable Paws or you can just send an e-mail to:
peaceablepaws-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to join the group.

I highly recommend it.
SC Trojans
with Gracie and Skylar

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Training Resource and Advice - Discussion Group
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 07:28:00 pm »
Thanks! :)

I emailed Pat Miller one time when I lived in TN, and she wrote me back promptly and gave me great advice! I will definitely check out the discussion group!!! 8)

Offline sc.trojans

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Gracie and Skylar
    • View Profile
    • Natural K9
Re: Training Resource and Advice - Discussion Group
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 08:25:31 pm »

She is equally responsive on this list, with the added benefit of dozens of other trainers too.

Glad to hear she helped!
SC Trojans
with Gracie and Skylar