Author Topic: Thoughts and Prayers Needed for My Mom  (Read 3213 times)

dohertyswissy

Thoughts and Prayers Needed for My Mom
« on: January 10, 2007, 09:32:12 am »
Today, my Mom will be undergoing tests at 1:30 to determine if she has breast and/or ovarian cancer.  We will not know the results of the tests for 10-14 days, but I have no doubt that she is in the best possible hands.  She brags that she sees Kay Yow's (NC State Woman's Basketball Coach and Breast Cancer Survivor) ob/gyn and that the radiologist administering the ultrasounds today is Kay Yow's radiologist.  We also have the name of one of the best surgeons in the area, just in case.

The best case scenario is that she has benign cysts in her breast and that her crone's disease is somehow impacting her ovaries, which is causing such severe pain and inflammation.  Worst case scenario is cancer.

I spoke with Mom this morning.  She is hanging in there, but as one can imagine, she is scared.  She is meeting with her friend Marcia Nance for lunch and prayertime.  Dad and I are trying to stay strong for Mom.  It is hard not to be scared, but I am just trying to keep a positive attitude.  At least in 10-14 days, we'll know what we are dealing with, good or bad, and move forward from there.   

Please keep my Mom, as well as my Dad and I, in your thoughts and prayers over the next 2 weeks.  I will keep everyone posted as I know more information.

Anakalia

Re: Thoughts and Prayers Needed for My Mom
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 09:36:39 am »
I'm so sorry you're mom is having to deal with this!  I know how scarey it can be I've also been through this with my mom.  Think positive thoughts and stay optimistic, it's hard but it does help.  The "what if's" can drive a person insane!  You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 09:42:21 am »
Heather... i am so sorry y'all are dealing with such scary stuff! The "not knowing" is so nerve-wrecking.  Hang in there, girl... and remember we are all here for you if you need anything at all!

You, your mom and your dad are all in my thoughts!  I am sending TONS of positive energy and healing vibes to all of you!

Offline fullsizetrucks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 09:45:35 am »
My prayers are with you!  We found out yesterday that my sister has to go and have a lump removed.  I know how you feel about the waiting, because we have about 2 weeks to wait also.  Give your mom a tight hug from me!
Big dogs make a house a home.
Be nice, you are God to your Dog.

Heidi
Harassed mother of one 2 legged kid, and three 4 legged spoiled brats!

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 10:11:39 am »
Dear Heather,

Sending your entire family prayers & extra hugs especially for your Mom.  We will keep positive thoughts for all of you over the next few weeks. Hang in there as best you can.

Anita & the 4 Newfies from NJ

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 10:58:01 am »
Oh, Heather, I'm so sorry. This is such a scary time!  Just be there for her to listen and hold her close.  These are the times that tie a family together. 

Good thoughts and prayers coming for all of you!

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 11:03:19 am »
Hang in there Heather.  Sending you and your family lots of well wishes.  My thoughts are with you all.
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 11:17:12 am »
hope all goes well!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 01:07:18 pm »
You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 01:12:55 pm »
Heather-
 I'll be thinking of you, your mama and your dad in the next few weeks for sure!!! Just try and remember that your mama is a whole-souled woman and nothin' can be taken away from that soul.

Stay strong for her and dad and we'll stay strong for you, hon!!!!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Icerotti

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 01:16:41 pm »
Heather I am so sorry to hear this. I have been through with my mom and know how stressful and nervewrecking it is. I am sending  positive thoughts  to your mom and keeping you both in our thoughts.