Author Topic: Protecting Butt's food from the pup  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Protecting Butt's food from the pup
« on: January 12, 2007, 12:12:03 am »
Butt is a very picky eatter.I finally got him to start eatting on his own and now came the pup.Butt gets 1 can of Cal. Naturals with 2 cups of dry food(C.Naturals and Innova mixed).I generally put this out about 7:30 at night for him to eat.Some nights he eats it all other nights he eats part and sometime during the night will finish it off.That was all before the thieving pup came along.Last night Butt ate half his food and a while later the pup went and gobbled the rest down. I have only been giving the pup the dry mix,he gets 1 cup 4 times a day.This afternoon about 4 Butt came to me with the I'm hungrey Mama whine.I mixed his food up for him and locked the pup up.Still the only way I could get him to eat was to hand feed it to him.So do I need to feed the Pup more or is Butt's food just too much of a temptation because he gets can too? Do I hand feed Butt during the day and only put his food back out when the Pup is locked up? Any thoughts or ideas?? Sorry so long :( Thanks again.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Protecting Butt's food from the pup
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 07:54:18 am »
What are the relative sizes of the dogs?  We had to put Cody's puppy food on a bench to keep little Stella out of it. 

The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Protecting Butt's food from the pup
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 03:45:56 pm »
What are the relative sizes of the dogs?  We had to put Cody's puppy food on a bench to keep little Stella out of it. 

Sorry I should have said that in the beginning.Butt is a 3 1/2 yr old Saint and Tub is an 11 wk old Saint.I have Butt's food in a raised feeder,but Tub can still stretch to reach it.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie