Author Topic: Ellie Is Coo-Coo! (HaHaHa)  (Read 6637 times)

EllieAndBlu

Ellie Is Coo-Coo! (HaHaHa)
« on: January 12, 2007, 09:02:31 am »
Okay... so when riding in the car Ellie sits directly behind me, puts her head out her window... and is just a happy little camper. Well, and here is the coo-coo part... When Blu is in "Ellie's Spot"... that girl will sit in the middle of the back seat and not move... She tries to sniff the air in Blu's direction, to catch some aroma from "her" window... but she will not sit near the other window at all... it is like her butt is glued to the middle of the back seat... oh that girl cracks me up is so many ways... and this is one of them.

Blu could care less what side he is on... he loves all windows equally... so I try my best to get Ellie on her side in the back seat... but it doesn't always work...lol

Does anyone else have a "quirky car rider?" :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 11:49:48 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Ellie Is Coo-Coo! (HaHaHa)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 09:06:10 am »
That is so funny :D Reminds me of Grey and his spot in the kitchen LOL If Zeus lays on Grey's bed in his spot in the kitchen, he will lay right next to Zeus instead of laying on the other blanket ::) Such silly dogs we have!!!

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Ellie Is Coo-Coo : )
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 09:11:18 am »
Ellie is such a goof.  I love that one.  Well, I have a fur kid (kitty cat) Linus who is really funny in the car.  Actually it's not that funny cause he is really sort of stressed out but I can't help but giggle.  When he rides in a carrying case, he flips and lies on his back and foams at the mouth and just screams bloody murder.  So I thought maybe I should see how he does in my lap.  Well that is not as traumatic for him but very debilitating.  He temporarily becomes paralyzed (the poor dude) and his entire body goes limp.  He's totally aware and awake and VERY VOCAL but he just does not hold himself up.  He'll even start to slide between the seat and me and not even make an attempt to catch himself.    Needless to say we don't take too many car rides. Well, not that any cat would really care to for that matter.   :D
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 10:53:03 am »
Some girls like things a certain way...and MEN are always getting in the way.  :)  Ellie is just particular. 
And how to get her back to where she's happy while you're driving has got to be the most interesting part of the story...so let's hear that part too!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 11:00:41 am »
Some girls like things a certain way...and MEN are always getting in the way.  :)  Ellie is just particular. 
And how to get her back to where she's happy while you're driving has got to be the most interesting part of the story...so let's hear that part too!

Please Lin... you give me way too much credit  ;D

There is no way Blu is budging from whichever spot he is in... thus I spend the entire ride trying to entice Ellie to the "evil window"... by unrolling it and speaking in a ridiculously happy voice. Neither works. hahahaha

The only way to undo the damage of improper car riding placement.... is to do it before the car starts moving, and even then it is no easy chore...  trying to get Blu to move once he is in the car in nearly impossible for he fears I am trying to yank him out of the car all together to be left behind.... lol
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 11:52:33 am by EllieAndBlu »

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 11:47:53 am »
Ha! That's funny. :D Bella just goes to sleep, so nothing fun to report there. I do however have a cat who instead of freaking out in the car, insists on helping to drive the car. He gets up to the front seat, sits down in the drivers lap, and then places his front paws on the steering wheel and watches out the front window while you drive. ;D  Of course, as soon as the car stops, the "trance" is over, and you better have "talon proof gloves" to get him from the car back into the house or vet.   ::)
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 01:30:46 pm »

Please Lin... you give me way too much credit  ;D

There is no way Blu is budging from whichever spot he is in... thus I spend the entire ride trying to entice Ellie to the "evil window"... by unrolling it and speaking in a ridiculously happy voice. Neither works. hahahaha

The only way to undo the damage of improper car riding placement.... is to do it before the car starts moving, and even then it is no easy chore...  trying to get Blu to move once he is in the car in nearly impossible for he fears I am trying to yank him out of the car all together to be left behind.... lol
i can hear you saying: "Don't make me pull this car over."  "don't make me come back there." 

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 03:42:31 pm »
HAHAHHAAAA!!  This is too funny! Koby does strange car window things too.... he usually sits in the middle of the back seat anyway but he'll only stick his head out the moon roof!  He refuses to acknowledge the side windows if their down, but if the moon roof is open his head is out!  I can't imagine what other people are thinking when we're driving down the road with a HUGE dog head sticking out of the top of our car! hahahaha

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 07:50:04 pm »
HAHAHHAAAA!!  This is too funny! Koby does strange car window things too.... he usually sits in the middle of the back seat anyway but he'll only stick his head out the moon roof!  He refuses to acknowledge the side windows if their down, but if the moon roof is open his head is out!  I can't imagine what other people are thinking when we're driving down the road with a HUGE dog head sticking out of the top of our car! hahahaha

Now THAT is funny! I would love to see that!  :)
The thing with Ellie is she loves to put her head out the window, so I just don't get her aversion to the other window in thw car.... silly dogs we have!  hahahahahaha

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 08:35:01 pm »
you either like sticking your head out the window or you don't.  i personally don't like to stick my head out the window.  but Lady and Grace do.  if you roll the window down too far...Lady will jump out if the vehicle is stopped.  if it's moving she prefers to keep her paws and legs inside.