Author Topic: newfie breeder website  (Read 9413 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
newfie breeder website
« on: January 13, 2007, 02:26:48 pm »
I saw an ad for this website in the paper selling newfie puppies.  Obviously the pups are super cute but my question is what's wrong with the male "Tigger".  He looks odd to me kind of like the Japanese lion statues that guard the entrance to buildings.  Anyway he looks like he has mastiff somewhere in his line and not like everyone else's newfies here.  Or is it just me? 

http://www.texasnewfoundlands.com/puppies.html
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
Re: newfie breeder website
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 02:31:59 pm »
I don't know about the bloodlines but think it is wierd you can just pick a puppy "add to cart" and pay via paypal -- is this what purchasing a puppy has come to?  ???

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 02:36:02 pm »
Yeah, I wasn't so hot on that idea myself and I've never worked with a breeder before. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 09:05:43 pm »
just my opinion, but the mom looks kinda labish.  the dad, maybe it's just distortion from resizing the picture??
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 08:58:04 am »
Mom is a lab mix, dad is a chow mix, IMHO.  There is no information on the necessary health testing or pedigrees given.  They do not say that they are AKC or even purebred.  I'd not consider a pup from them. 

This is Cody's breeder.  You can see what good ones look like here.  www.newfoundla nddog.com
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua

Offline sarnewfie

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • HarborWinds Newfoundlands and Stain Glass
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 09:30:56 pm »
oh man
run and run fast
a true breeder builds a relation ship with you
isnt that important? a true coach, educating you and guiding  you??
to many designer breeders fly by night operations, akc papers mean squat, i groomed my share of cockapoo that were registered purebred cockers
Photography by Christine
http://harborwinds.fototime.com/PHOTOS FOR ORDERS

HarborWinds Newfoundlands&Search and Rescue
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Haven/4505

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 09:38:17 pm »
I have seen a couple of newfies in my day and these look a little...off.

Offline Moore1125

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 01:47:24 pm »
Please run the other way. If you are interested in a good newf, stick to the breeder lists on the Newf club of America website. Those breeders can even refer you to newer good breeders working under them for a puppy! Do your research please....we all want healthy, good newfs running around.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 01:56:33 pm »
Mom is a lab mix, dad is a chow mix, IMHO.

i do see the chow look in the dad.  just a question, but do newfs have purple in their tongues??  i noticed the dad has a purplish looking tip on his.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 10:52:02 pm »
I didn't notice the purple on the male's tongue.  I do know that labs can have black spots on their tongues and Kaila has a black spot on her tongue. 

I've never seen a newfie in person before but I knew that the pics of the adults just looked off to me.  That's why I posted and asked what everyone else thought.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2007, 01:00:59 pm »
Bear is a newf/cane corso and has a black spot under her tongue

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2007, 10:20:16 am »
This breeder seems very shady. I would never buy a Newfoundland from them. Both the mom and dad look like mixed breeds and have no paperwork or pedigree to back them up.

With Newfoundland breeders in particular, the reputable ones (and the ones that truly care about the breed) require meeting you first and sometimes even require applications be submitted so they can know more about you and the sort of family the puppy will be raised in. They also test and certify their dogs extensively to ensure their health (hips, elbows, heart), so that the unhealthy traits aren't carried into their breeding. You'll often have a contract written with the breeder as well that covers such things as if you're not able to care for the dog anymore the dog must be returned to the breeder (you can't just sell the dog off) and other conditions about raising the dog.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline wiggi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 08:17:08 am »
Jaspa is a pedigree newf and we have all his papers and we got him from a reputable breeder here in the UK and he has purple/blue markings on his tongue, don't know why though.
mother to: Jaspa - 2yr old newfie
           Murphy - 6mnth old landseer newfie
           Tiny - 9yr old (little paw) crossbreed

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 08:42:39 am »
I don't believe the purple/blue 'birthmark' on the tongue is an indication that it's not a purebred Newf. I think that's pretty common among Newfs actually. Rosie also has a small birthmark on her tongue and she has complete champion sire/dam paperwork and AKC-registered.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 10:00:46 am »
WOW  :o I cannot believe they are trying to pass off those parents as purebred Newfs!!! As long as they are scamming people they should have stolen some real pictures of Newfoundlands and posted them to be the parents!

BUYER BEWARE!!! (I CAN'T believe all the puppies are sold!)