Author Topic: 7 month old Pyr male  (Read 4169 times)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
7 month old Pyr male
« on: July 06, 2005, 08:12:00 am »
My neighbors have a 7 month old, unneutered male Great Pyrenees that they are trying to find a home for.  I'm going over there today to check him out.  If he is people safe and dog safe I am taking him out to the service dog org/rescue that I volunteer for.  I feel bad for the poor guy, he is tired out under a tree with a dog house that he is quickly outgrowing.  The neighbor gives him fresh water. 
The owners are in their very early 20s with a one year old and one on the way.  They obviously got in over their heads by getting a dog.

I wanted to give you guys a heads up that he will be available through Circle Tail after tonight but if you contact me sooner I could try to get him to you if you wanted him.  This is not a desperate situation as Circle Tail will easily find him a good home (I assume since his is pure and young he will be an easy adoption).

He will be nuetered on Friday and probably be in a foster home by early next week.  He will then be on www.circletail .org and be up for adoption.  I would bring him directly into my home but I have Rocco who is neutered but might have issues with the Pyr not being nuetered.  Plus, Maia is not getting spayed until later this month (she is nowhere near going into heat).  There would definatly be way too many hormones at my house.

Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: 7 month old Pyr male
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2005, 08:16:07 am »
Oh how I wish you had said 7 month old Female Pyr!!!!...We are currently keeping our eyes & ears open for a young or baby Pyr as a companion to Samson & an addition to our family...Samso n is my 1st dog so I don't want to get in over my head by bringing another male into the house...But I hope & pray you will find this guy a great home!...PLEASE let us know what happens with him!!!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 10:55:05 pm »
greek4, what happened with the Pyr?...I was just wondering. :)

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 07:00:32 am »
I picked Brutus up from his tearful, very pregnant, 1 yr old toting mother on Thursday.  I took him out to the place that I volunteer.  He was nuetered on Friday and is already on the website to be adopted.  He loves all dogs, cats, and adores kids.  You can check him out at www.circletail .org under Dogs/Pups for Adoption.

Thanks,

Offline Teresa Marie

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 08:16:33 am »
aww, I'm glad he's okay and safe.

He sounds perfect, like what we've been looking for in a theropy dog for our Asperger son.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 09:56:42 am »
My neighbor has an Aspie son..He is still somewhat fearful of Samson but has come a long way...He is able to come & play with my kids now in our yard with little anxiety where Sam is concerned...Fo r awhile I let him hold his light saber toy because Sam was leary of it & whne Sam started romping towards him he'd hold it up & Sam would go away...It gave him a sense of control over the situation & worked great!...Now when he comes into our fenced back yard he just says, "I'm here Sam...stay back"!...lol...Sam listens because he knows the kid just might have that darn light saber...lol... Of coarse I am supervising them...He & Sam are learning how to act with each other & that's great! ;D
Brutus, is a sweetie!...How sad for him though!...I hope he will find a forever home soon!...Please let us know what happens with him!

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 10:02:41 am »
He was not in the best shape for that picture.  He has some fur lose on his nose from eating out of a plastic bowl, he coat needed a good wash and brush.  He has been changed to a higher quality large breed puppy food.  He gets his daily walk, some play time with other dogs, and is brushing up on his house training. 
If he is not adopted before next week, a better picture will be posted.  I think he will be gone by then to his forever home.
Thanks,

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 12:08:26 pm »
Here he is.
Thanks,

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 12:19:48 pm »
Yup & darling as can be but I might be just a tad biased where Pyrs are concerned! ;D  I have no doubt he will clean up very nicely!

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 12:58:02 pm »
He's such a doll!!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2005, 01:34:35 pm »
Hey Gypsy if you are still looking for a little pyr female there are at least two on petfinder.com in my area, Nashville TN. The two I was looking at were called Marilyn and Ginger. And for anyone else looking for a baby for that matter, go to petfinder.com and type the search in for a baby great pyrenees in Nashville Tn and they will come up in the search. SOOOO adorable, makes me want one...
This might work...
www.petfinder. com/pet.cgi

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 03:29:52 pm »
I already have a deposit on the pyrfect little Pyr girl & we are just trying to find when we can go get her now!...I tried to work with a rescue closer to here but the 1st dog I was interested in was adopted & the lady said she "had a pack of varying ages" coming in & then never got back to me or returned my call! >:(  In the mean time this weet little girl was offered to me & she will be coming home soon!