Author Topic: Anna hurt her paw - UPDATED  (Read 5590 times)

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
Anna hurt her paw - UPDATED
« on: January 24, 2007, 07:49:15 pm »
I went out to dinner with some girlfriends tonight and get a call at 8 p.m. from my husband.  He put Anna outside when he got home at 6 p.m., and when she came in she was yelping and couldn't put any weight on her front right paw at all.  We called the emergency clinic and they led us through seeing if it was swollen (which it doesn't appear to be) so they said to let her be for the night, and take her to our own vet in the morning.

She is having such a rough time...poor baby!  My husband iced her leg, but she's still not very comfortable  :'(
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 11:54:08 am by BarkleysMum »
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

EllieAndBlu

Re: Anna hurt her paw
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 07:59:19 pm »
awwwwww Poor baby! Hopefully AnnaBanana just stubbed her paw in the yard and will be feeling better in the morning!

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 08:15:21 pm »
Awww, poor baby!  :(  I'll be sending positive healing vibes her way!!  Please, keep us updated!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 05:49:54 am »
Oh no!  Poor Anna.  I hope she's feeling better this morning! 

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 07:22:24 am »
She had a pretty good night.  We started her out in the basement so she wouldn't have to handle stairs, but left the door open since she is really a people tart and doesn't like to be alone.  About 4 a.m. she made her way upstairs to our room.

She's still limping, but still no swelling.  We have an appointment for 12:20 today although I don't know how I'm going to get her in and out of the SUV.  I can't lift her the way DH does!  I'll have to figure something out.

Yes, our emerg clinic here is awesome ... as is the vet clinic to which we go.  Most of you will remember the phenomenal treatment we received during Barkley's illness.  These vets and the techs there are beyond awesome actually.  All I have to do is call and say Hi it's Sandy - and we get really good support by phone.  Of course, it helps that I was one of their first clients there I think, and we take all of our business (including purchase of food and treats) there.  I have found that loyalty goes both ways with them!

Thanks for the healing vibes for Anna Banana!
Sandy

Offline FumbsAuntie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 07:35:20 am »
good luck at the doctors today! Poor Anna!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 08:21:46 am »
awwww pppoooorrr anna! give her some kisses for us!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Anna hurt her paw - UPDATED
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 11:56:33 am »
Just got back from the vet - she has a bruised shoulder, nothing broken or sprained...tha nkfully!  She has some medication which I just gave her and she's now sleeping...and has to take it easy (no walks or playing) for the next five days.  She is scheduled for her spay on Feb 7 so we're going to get x-rays done then anyhow to check her joints and hips, and now her shoulder.

I've been having a hard time pinning down her exact age due to some confusion from the breeder's end.  We confirmed it today.  Her birthday is December 3, 2005 which means (1) we missed celebrating her first birthday and (2) she officially shares her birthday with my mother!!! hehehe

So our Banana is home and doing just fine....once again BPO vibes did the trick! Thanks guys!!!!
Sandy

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 12:07:35 pm »
What a relief!  Soooooo glad AnnaBanana is on the mend... and a Happy Belated Birthday to your gorgeous girl!  :)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 03:42:10 pm »
Happy Belated Birthday Miss Anna Banana!!!!!

So glad it was nothing too serious!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2007, 06:36:56 pm »
Glad to hear she's on the mend!  Yay Anna!  And, Happy Birthday!!! :)

Anakalia

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 09:13:15 pm »
Happy Belated Birthday!  I'm so glad she's going to be alright, sending tons of get well vibes her way!  ;D