Author Topic: eek tomorrow i have genetic studies done  (Read 2770 times)

angelsmama

eek tomorrow i have genetic studies done
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:14:52 pm »
i'm sooo nervous too.. they are probably gonna do a few types of tests :-\. gonna have to leave at 5:30 in the morn so means i'll be up at like 3:30 or so.. ill be on bpo all alone in the early AM :-\. gonna be going to bed around 10 or so so i can wake up early. oh well will give me a chance to be a board hog again hah.. wish me luck with the test  :o im skeered (yes skeered:P) :-\

Kirsti

Re: eek tomorrow i have genetic studies done
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 01:16:47 pm »
Oh I hope all go's well tomorrow! What is the testing for?  Good luck!

~K

angelsmama

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 01:18:29 pm »
its testing me for something called ehlers danlos syndrome , a joint disorder.. i think i have it but my OB wants to know for sure since i am preggy

Kirsti

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 01:20:42 pm »
Oh, that would be a good thing to test for... When is your baby due?

angelsmama

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 01:23:04 pm »
april 21st , im 28 weeks on saturday. she thinks she'll have to do a c-section cause my hips are bad :-\ but she said if i have the diagnosis (sp?) of EDS , will be a definate c-section..

Kirsti

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 01:25:22 pm »
ooh, Well c-sections arn't really bad right?? (I'm not sure, no kids for me yet, I need to find a man first  ;)) Do you know what your having?

angelsmama

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2007, 01:28:16 pm »
a girl, her name will be scarlett rose.. but shes paying h3ll on my joints :-\ all the weight im gaining is hurting my hips worse than they did before i got preggy, and knee is getting bad now too.. this will be my only one if she does a section (will have her 'fix' me while shes in there..) cause i dont needto do this again, could be dangerous on myself, big risk to my health :-\ so it makes me nervious knowing i may have it

Kirsti

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2007, 01:33:30 pm »
Awww what fun to have a girl! Yeah, I understand about the joints, no fun, and its not fun while your preggers either... Hope all go's well!

~K

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2007, 02:12:28 pm »
You will definitely be in my thoughts!  Dont worry about the c-section, I had one with my first, it is not that bad.  You will probably hear all the horror stories, just block them out.  The end result is no different than a natural delivery, you have a healthy, beautiful baby!

Hoping all goes well!
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2007, 03:01:28 pm »
Both my boys were delivered C-section (BIG babies, small Mommy ;)), and I would say no worries! The best thing about a C-section, is you schedule it, you go in, they perform the surgery and Poof! You have you baby in no time.  You end up in the hospital a little longer, but sometimes that nice to have the help anyway.  I also understand about your hips. I don't have hip problems, but my first was so big that I could hardly walk or stand becuase of the joint pain.  They ended up delivering me 3 weeks early because he was goign to be 10+ pounds! Good luck tomorrow, and no matter how you deliver, the best part is the end when you get to see your little scarlett rose.  :D
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat