Author Topic: Update on Gus...and some bitter-sweet news.  (Read 9050 times)

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Update on Gus...and some bitter-sweet news.
« on: January 26, 2007, 01:56:32 pm »
Hey guys..well today is the 6th day Gus has been missing, and I still havent heard anything. Everyone is starting to tell me that I should accept that Ill never see him again. Ive been crying alot. Im at work now, but already cried here once today too. My poor Gus.  :'(

About a month ago, a lady I met at the dog park wanted to adopt Nova my pitbull puppy. Well at the time I was having some problems and she totally begged me for her. I let her take her knowing that she was educated about pits. Well she called me today to tell me that her cancer is getting really bad and she needs me to take Nova back. I dont know how I should feel. Im going to get her when I get off tonight. I feel better knowing that Ive had her before and she wont be "replacing" Gus. I loved her alot and cried when I gave her to Sherry, so I know I will love her now as well.

I just really miss my boy and dont know what to do with myself. Please keep praying for Gus' safe return home to me. Thank you all.

Lacy

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Update on Gus...and some bitter-sweet news.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 02:48:59 pm »
Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers, sorry you haven't heard any news about Gus ~ yet. We're keeping fingers and paws crossed here in Canada that you will hear something soon. Don't feel guilty about Nova being returned home she will give you some needed comfort. Sending you hugs ~ Kim
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 03:04:13 pm »
OMG DONT GIVE UP! 
Go bang door to door to door to door...  Do not give up hope... We are all hoping for his safe return, but you can't give up...
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

marypyrs

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »
Oh NO!!! Don't EVER give up!!! You have a lot of what I feel to be Super! Great! people backing you up. Gus can not have just dissapeared. I have not been a part of this wonderful group for very long. I'm just a Newbe. But it's the the nicest, and most dedicated group of people I've yet to meet in my life. Think positive! Prayers and good thoughts are going out to you. I wish I could do more for you on the homefront Lacy. Hugs to you and Nova. I'm glad your girl will be back home with you. She will be a comfort while you await he homecoming of Gus Gus.

Gosh! I wish I could do more! Take care.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 04:01:46 pm »
I definitely know how you feel. A couple of times, my dogs went missing for days and I couldn't function, either. There is hope - sometimes, they just show up again. Sometimes you need help. I'm sure you've done all this, but make sure you call your local shelter every day - who cares if they get sick of you, at least you know they'll be looking at every single dog that comes in so they can get this crazy, annoying lady off their backs.

Put an ad in the paper (with a picture if you can afford it), hang posters all over, offer a reward (you don't have to say how much it is, just put REWARD on the poster), contact all the vets in the area - put a poster up at each vet office too - in case someone finds him and brings him to the vet to get checked.

Call the radio stations - sometimes you'll find a sympathetic DJ who will put the word out on the air (if you have kids, get them to do it - who can resist a child mournfully looking for their lost pet)

And, we will all be praying with you that he will find his way home safely.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 04:03:53 pm »
Hey! Don't give up hope. It was a week before animal control finally found AJ, and it could have even been longer! Don't worry too much, but like everyone else said, KEEP LOOKING!

You never know if someone from out of town picked him up and maybe he's at a shelter in a near-by town?

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 04:50:53 pm »
Thanks you guys...I have done everything. The ad is in the paper, Im bugging the crap out of all the shelters, Ive called all the vets, and the fliers with his pic are all over.!!! I know you guys can relate to how much I love this dog. I dont have kids and I live alone. Gus has been my constant companion and best friend for a long time. The worst things have happened to me in the last two years. Lost jobs, money problems, my stepdad suicide, and Gus was always there for me. I miss him so much.  :'(

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 05:01:47 pm »
Dont give up. I know losing one is so tough. Zoey was actually dog knapped by some kids this past year- they were just out vandalizing and I guess that they thought that she was cute and at the time she was still a baby. We live out in the country- I went door to door and even crashed the High School Banquet ( which by the way really irritated the Coaches) but we got her back. Do you have access to Craigs List? If so- post there every day. Also keep checking shelters etc. I am hoping that who ever has him will realize that he needs to be back with his mom. If you can email me a pic- there is a huge group that I belong to, we can post his pic there and have that many more people start looking for him.
Hang in there and we are praying for you.

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 05:07:37 pm »
The only pic I have of him is his avatar pic here....

Icerotti

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 05:23:53 pm »
Sorry you have not had any news yet. Don't give up..keep doing what you have been doing. Nova will help give you comfort. Sending thoughts and prayers for a safe return of Gus.

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2007, 02:22:55 pm »
thanks so much for that, you can see him better there. Still nothing today.  :'(

I went and picked up Nova after work last night. Shes HUGE!! The lady that had her said she wasnt much bigger..uh no! She was about 20 pounds then and is at least 40 now!! Shes so big!! She stunk really bad though so I dont think she bathed her at all. But, I took her home and gave her a nice long bath and fed her good. I have a question for you guys. When i walk close to her or anything she rolls over and pees. I know this a fairly common thing but how do I get it to stop???  She went everywhere lst night!! Any suggestions? So, other than that all went really well. She was right next to me the whole night and wanted love every second. She was a nice comfort to me too though.

Offline 2dogmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Update on Gus...and Nova..
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2007, 01:01:58 pm »
Well guys, my Gus still has not come home to me. Monday was the last day the ad was in the paper. I plan on doing another one when I get payed Friday. I had 5 or 6 calls Monday and none of them was him. Everyone that did call wished me good luck and offered advice. I miss him so much.  :'(   But, I still have hope that he will come home to me.

Nova is doing well. I have been keeping her in the bathroom while Im at work which has been working good except for the scratches all over the door. ;)   I will also get her a crate Friday when I get payed so that I can start crate training her as well. Thats going to be the best way for her and her destructivenes s. I have started some obedience training and she is catching on pretty quickly. The submissive peeing is already much better and she knows sit and is fully potty trained!! As soon as I get some pics of her I will post them for you guys. Thank you all again for your support. Pray that my Gus is home safe soon.

angelsmama

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2007, 01:05:39 pm »
 :( i really hope he comes home soon..  i know you must be going crazy without him  :'(.

hope to see miss nova soon :)