Author Topic: my gerbils are 3 weeks today, cute pics  (Read 2206 times)

angelsmama

my gerbils are 3 weeks today, cute pics
« on: January 26, 2007, 03:56:28 pm »
my little ones are already 3 weeks , thats crazy.. pics of ofthe girls with mommy n daddy ;D lots of pics but they are soooo cute :) had to show my babes off  ;D

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: my gerbils are 3 weeks today, cute pics
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 04:04:07 pm »
mom sure does have some pretty colors!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

angelsmama

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 04:10:03 pm »
ty :) shes a nutmeg.  they are used to me so they pay no mind to me petting their babies. if someone strange was to mess with her babies right now she would either kill them or refuse to nurse them. ill reach in and pet the pups , mom or dad will run up and smell my hand to see who i am them  go back to what they were doing. i love gerbils though , such friendly little animals. ive only been bit once and that was breaking up a fight (accidently put an adult male in the wrong tank (with another male.. oops)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 04:22:27 pm »
i used to work at a pet store and i LOVED the gerbils, except the cleaning 20+ tanks twice a week, ugh.  they really do all have individual personalities, and they're SO sweet, i always had more problems with biting out of the mice than the gerbils.  my favorites were always the really light grey colored ones with white markings, particularly their muzzle going between their eyes.  unfortunately, though, i know it's not safe for them in my house haha
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

angelsmama

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 04:24:17 pm »
light gray with white.. would be a spotted saphire (sp?) :)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 04:24:48 pm »
not sure, i never got big into gerbils, i just took care of them and sold them. 
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 11:55:54 pm »
The more pics of the little guys i see, the more I want one. Seriously. Can you take them out and have them on you? Will they stay around your shoulder? Can you pet them and play with them outside the cage? Do you have the habitrail stuff for them? Nine million questions i know but i'm curious.

angelsmama

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 12:08:54 am »
yea older ones will when they get used to being held.. habitrails are bad ideasfor gerbils :P big chewers.. so i keep them in glass tanks and stuff to chew on if they arent a breeding pair. gerbils are just the most gentle things.. very emotional. if they get attached to another gerbil and he/she dies , the other will more than likely grieve him/herself to death.. i couldnt imagine not having something as loving as a gerbil.. they are like a teeny tiny dog  :D i get love bites all the time (bare nibbles)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 09:11:37 am »
i had one at the store i refused to sell, and after about 6 months i had a makeshift harness made and leash trained it ha ha ha.  it was awesome!  i know i'm SUCH a dork, but hey, we got along so well!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 09:12:13 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2007, 03:30:50 pm »
LMAO but that is awesome!