Author Topic: Daisy is ONE today!! 1/6/2006  (Read 4093 times)

Offline my3dogs

• Leader of the Pack
  • Daisy - FEB 2006
    • View Profile
    • Blossoming Daisy
Daisy is ONE today!! 1/6/2006
« on: January 05, 2006, 10:41:01 pm »
We adopted Daisy from the shelter when she was 5.5 months old.  I can't believe that she is already ONE!  It's difficult to remember when she wasn't a part of our family.   

Unfortunately Daisy had to go to visit Dr. Anna (our vet) today. 

Good news......Dais y weighs 111.9 lbs.   

Bad news.....Bad news comes in threes right?

1 - Daisy's  left ear has a bad infection. I thought it was yeast but it's worse. When Dr. Anna flushed it Daisy whimpered and began to shiver.  It obviously hurt quite a bit.  Poor girl.   So....Ointment morning and night & a solution to flush it out at noon.  Recheck in 2 weeks. 

2 - the bump on Daisy's leg is either a bug bite or a bacterial thingy of some sort (I don't remember what Dr. Anna called it ) but the ointment for her ear can be used on it for the next 2 weeks and it will be rechecked. 

3 -  The famous anal sacs.  Dr. Anna says, "Everything on Daisy is BIG and her anal sacs are no exception!"   yea...I'm so proud.   ::)   Usually Daisy doesn't mind having this done but since her ear hurts so badly she isn't very cooperative and it takes 2 of us to hold her plus Dr. Anna doing her thing in the back end.  ugh!    Here's the worst part....Dr. Anna got 1/4 CUP out of Daisy!!   I don't know anal sacs but that seems like a lot to me!!! 

So...now my birthday girl is asleep at the end of the bed.   She smells a bit better.  Her butt is washed, her ear is lubed up and she had a special dinner.   
I wanted to take a special birthday pic to post but I just don't have to heart to bug her.   Poor stinky girl.
"As long as the world is turning and spinning, we're gonna be dizzy and we're gonna make mistakes." - Mel Brooks
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/164179

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Daisy is ONE today!! 1/6/2006
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2006, 10:50:00 pm »
Happy Birthday Daisy, and a speedy recovery!!!!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2006, 11:34:23 pm »
Happy Birthday Daisy!!! Hope you get well soon!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2006, 12:38:44 am »
Happy Birthday Daisy!  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.