Shepherds > German Shepherd Discussions

Oh My Goodness!!!

(1/4) > >>

zanie:
 :o :o :o  Is anyone else experiencing a coat blowout at this time of year?  With my grooming blade, I just took enough hair off Dell to make another dog!  My carpet is covered in hair, my clothes are covered in hair, my hair is covered in hair!  It's driving me crazy!

This is the first time I've seen his hair come out like this.  Does shepherd hair usually come out in clumps? 

Maybe I'll collect the hair and have it spun into yarn.  didn't someone here have a hat made out of their dog's fur?

schelmischekitty:
i dunno about shepherds but i know i just took an entire wal mart bag of hair off of axle, and am not given the "gift" of knowing it's not all out yet ha ha.

zanie:
 ??? ???

Dell is now shedding giant clumps and is looking about as motley as I have ever seen a dog. 

Any other GSD owners out there whose dogs shed like this?  I've never seen such a terrible mess before!

chaosndestruction:
Arisha did a full coat blow out a month ago...there is still hair covering out front yard.

zanie:
I have been wracking my brain trying to remember if he's been fed anything other than his ususal Canidae with an occasional cheese stick treat and there is nothing.  He isn't itching and doesn't seem to be uncomfortable.  there are no hot spots and he's not acting unusual or sick. 

I know shepherds experience blow out a couple of times a year so I wasn't too concerned but thought I would see if there are any GSD owners experiencing the same thing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version