Author Topic: My Sister Just Moved To Seattle  (Read 1685 times)

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
My Sister Just Moved To Seattle
« on: February 02, 2007, 08:03:36 pm »
Does anyone know of any great dog parks on the south side of Seattle, the Auburn/Kent area.  My sister has frisbee crazed dog and they have a little backyard.  They are looking for somewhere for them to have some fun.
Thanks,
Krista
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: My Sister Just Moved To Seattle
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 02:25:32 pm »
I live about 8 miles from Kent.  There is one dog park in Kent but, and this is really weird, there is no fence around it.  It wouldn't take anything for Dell to sprint out of there and I wouldn't be able to catch him.  If her dog is well trained, she shouldn't have any problems there

In Federal Way, there is a decent dog park, IF they've cleaned up the pond (and they were supposed to in September).  The water there was making dogs sick.  Fortunately we stopped going before Dell got sick.

The park we go to is about a twenty minute drive for us but it's 10 acres of fully fenced, well maintained dog park.  Misbehavior is not tolerated and aggressive dogs are strictly prohibited.  The regulars there make sure the rules are enforced.  There's a section for smaller dogs as well.  Well worth the drive.

If you want more information or addresses for the parks, PM me and I'll get them for you. 

Amy
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
Re: My Sister Just Moved To Seattle
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 05:10:45 pm »
Thanks TIna, I am sad about her moving, but she married a guy in the Navy and this is only the beginning of her moves.  I am with you about dog parks.  Cosmo never fairs well anyway.  Seems the little dogs want to challenge my big boy and he always get in trouble because he is SOOO big!

My sister's dogs are awesome Amy so the one close sounds great.  They have a tiny backyard and need a place for Stanley and Sunny to stretch their legs.

Thanks for the help.  I will pass along the info to her and then most likely pm you for more info.

Thanks again!
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes