Author Topic: I have a serious problem.. Updated..  (Read 16622 times)

Offline pink2378

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: I have a serious problem.. Lola is attacking Mia. HELP
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2007, 04:28:19 pm »
um, this might sounds silly but have you considered contacting Cesaem Millan to see if he can come help you?  I've seen him do such amazing things on his show, it might be worth a shot.

Lucy sends big sloppy newfie puppy kisses your way.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2007, 04:33:36 pm »
i know his website has a message board where he replies.  don't know if it does it for all questions, but worth a shot!

http://www.dogpsychologycenter.com/column/index.php
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2007, 07:29:07 pm »
We have been thinking about you.  Here is a list from the ADPT of trainers in Canada.  Maybe someone listed in your area would be a resource of help and/or information???

http://www.apdt.com/po/ts/international_results.asp

dohertyswissy

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2007, 11:06:37 am »
Hon.. I don't have anything to add, just that I'm thinking and praying for you guys.  I know how much you love Lola and Mia and I, for one, admire your committment to them.  Hang in there!!  :-*

Lyn

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2007, 03:18:21 pm »
I have sad but happy news.  :'(

I have a couple coming tomorrow to meet Mia. They are dog savy and experienced with Saints so that's a bonus. Plus they are fully prepared to take her to obedience training and establish themselves as alpha. They do have a 2 year old female mid-size dog, she is very friendly yet submissive to other dogs. So Mia and her should get along just dandy since it's not a 'same sex' issue with Mia. Mia just wants to be in charge. But they are bringing their doggy with them tomorrow and we are going to do a meet and greet and then decide from there.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2007, 06:37:18 pm »
I really hope that it works out. Good luck.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Lyn

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2007, 02:04:29 pm »
Update! The family was awesome! Mia loved them all. They are going to start training asap, and she will be spayed by 10 months of age. I really had a great feeling from them. They are going to keep me updated on her progress and send pics, so I'll be sure to post them here.

I was holding together fine until they were about to leave with her. Then I started crying. :'( I'm glad she went to a good home but I'm sad it's not mine.

I'm just going to focus on Lola's issues and just get used to the fact that there will be no more puppy breath in my future.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2007, 06:06:25 pm »
Lyn, I know that this has to be breaking your heart. I am so very sorry for you.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2007, 06:49:48 pm »
so sorry you're having to go through this, but boy, do i know how you feel.  scout went to her new home today, i had to trick hubby into taking her to meet her new parents.  hubby said when she met them though that she completely forgot about him and was all over them and they loved her.  sorry it didn't work out for you either, but maybe things will change in the future plus you have two awesome dogs also, and two "soul friends" are an awesome blessing, even though more is always great too :'(
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Lyn

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2007, 10:05:44 am »
Thanks all. I'm still feeling blah today but they sent me some pictures of Mia, now named Rouge. She's fitting in well and is getting along great with their Springer Spaniel, which is awesome. The only issue they had at first was with food, Mia/Rouge wanted her own bowl. I fed everyone seperate here. Plus she never had any food issues that I saw. I think she's just trying to figure out where she fits in.

schelmischekit ty, Your right, I do have two 'soul friends' and I am happy for that. I just wish that someday I could add another friend. But at this point I don't ever want to go through this again.

Poor Bubba still isn't eating much and seems depressed. Yesterday morning he had spots of blood and mucus in his poop, like Mia only not a bad. I took in a stool sample in since hubby is working all weekend and Bubba won't fit in my parents car unless we strap him to the roof. LOL No parasites and no diet change.. Bubba has stress induced colitis and he's already dropped 3 pounds :'( I'm to bring Bubba in to the vet if hubby has an early day or a day off. Since he works according to the weather (roofing) we never know when that is. Worse case scenario we will have to wait until the 24th to get him in. Pepto is working good to stop the diarrhea as well as pumpkin mixed in his food but he's only eating about a cup at a time. :(

Ooops forgot the pics of Mia/Rouge
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 10:09:29 am by Lyn »

EllieAndBlu

Re: I have a serious problem.. Updated..
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2007, 09:53:13 am »
oh Lyn... I am so sorry you had to rehome Mia/Rouge. I know this breaks your heart. I too admire you and applaud the way you handled the whole situation, especially under such intense stress. You are such an awesome mom who did the very best for all involved!