Author Topic: Aggression towards men!!  (Read 2031 times)

Offline critter crazy

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Aggression towards men!!
« on: February 11, 2007, 09:37:15 pm »
I got mY 3yr old St. Bernard, Rocky a little over a month ago. When he first came to our home, he showed some aggression towards my hubby. But after a day of Hubby giving him lots of love and attention, they have worked things out. Now Rocky adores hubby. Since then, many people have come to the house and met Rocky, he adores children and women but so far no men have come to the house. Till today! My FIL came to the house. My FIL came in the house, and started to say hello to rocky, and put his hand out for Rocky to sniff, and Rocky put it in his mouth, and growled! thankfully Rocky did not break any skin, but my FIL was freaked out! I didnt even realize that my FIL was the first strange male to come to our house since we had Rocky till after the fact. I am concerned that we are going to have this problem everytime a male comes to the house! He came to us from an elderly man, so this behavior baffles me! is there any way i can change this behavior???
If there aren't any critters in Heaven, Then I don't want to go!!

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Aggression towards men!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 11:12:48 pm »
I've been going thru the same thing with Butt,except it was all people he didn't like :( I asked lots of questions here,read lots of books and watched lots of the Dog Whisper.With Butt I realized when my ex husband moved out I let him become the man of the house and be Mama's protector.He didn't have to obey simple commands if he didn't want,Mama let him do what ever he wanted.I started working on commands with him and making him listen to me.I make sure he knows this is my house and I set the rules.So far that is working with him,with the few people that are brave enough to come over and give him a second chance.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie