Author Topic: Another feeding question...  (Read 9737 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Another feeding question...
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 12:56:20 pm »
Bump for Lyn. :)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2005, 01:01:33 pm »
this may be a silly question but, an I have noticed this on other posts but what does it mean when you say " bump" on a post???  :)
Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2005, 01:15:35 pm »
Well, my wording on this is not exact, but basically when you say bump, you are putting a new reply into the post so that it gets "bumped" back up to the top of the list of topics and stays up there where it is easy to find...  

Help me out guys, is that basically right?
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2005, 01:17:52 pm »
OHHH  thatnks that makes sense now. (if there was a smiley face with a light bulb I would insert it here)  :)

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2005, 01:18:31 pm »
That's correct grumpybunny. :)  That way you can make sure a post is seen if you think someone you would like to see it will miss it if it gets pushed down too far.

Lyn

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2005, 01:18:53 pm »
Thank you  ;D

Wow 8 cups.. now I do feel like I'm starving him. LOL

Ok, I did the rib test. There is a decent layer of fat there, but I can feel them without having to press hard. So I guess I'm just a worried mom. :)

The gas guy was at our house to read the meter.. so I asked him if he if he thought Bubba looked too thin. I've been asking just about everyone. LOL He said no, that he looks great.

So I think I'll keep him at 5 cups of kibble along with his lunchtime snacks for now. And I'll monitor his weight and adjust the amount of kibble accordingly.

Thanks everyone. ;D

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2005, 01:26:27 pm »
LOL Lyn about the gas man!...Nobody is safe around me either if I want an opinion on my animals...I just love it that you asked him...lol!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2005, 08:04:37 pm »
Nigel is 4 1/2 months old and eating Solid Gold Wolfcub as well. He only weighs about 50 lbs, and I am giving him about 2.5 cups in the am and another 2.5 cups in the pm. He also poops a million times a day and it's usually a loose stool.  ???
Seems now after reading all these posts like maybe I am giving him too much? I had been thinking he looked too thin, but now I see maybe he just has a nice waistline... hehe... His ribs don't feel like they are sticking out at all. I think if I fed him any less he might try to eat his foodbowl, but perhaps I should cut down a bit.

Lyn

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2005, 08:36:05 pm »
Well Bubba started looking a bit too thin to me. His ribs are well covered, but I can feel his spine and hip bones a bit more than I think I should.  :(  So he's back on 6 cups total, 2 cups in the morning, 2 cups in the afternoon and 2 cups for supper.

He's also back to having the loose stools again.. When I was skipping the lunch meal and giving him chicken or turkey (either raw or cooked) his poops were more normal. Now that's he's back to the kibble for lunch it's back to the large stinky loose stools. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if it's the Solid Gold. Maybe it's just not agreeing with him?

Any other suggestions for a quality kibble that I can maybe test out and see if his stools improve?