Author Topic: The tooth fairy is coming today  (Read 3053 times)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
The tooth fairy is coming today
« on: February 15, 2007, 11:24:05 pm »
Well this isn't pet related but my 15 year old son is having all 4 of his wisdom teeth removed today (Friday).  I should be sleeping now but I am a wreck (he is sleeping).
I am just nervous because he has chosen to be put under and that makes me nervous.

So if you get a minute please send us a quick thought!

So how much should the tooth fairy bring a 15 year old for 4 teeth (I told him not to expect much since I am paying for the procedure and the 5 dvds we rented today!)

Hope you all have a great day today!!

Randy & Harley

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: The tooth fairy is coming today
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 02:11:39 am »
I would get him a big supply of icecream and Jello because that is all he will be eating for the next couple of days, other than that I'm sure he will be just fine ;)

Offline bhender254

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 07:16:23 am »
Good luck, my 18 year old daughter had hers taken out last Friday. She had iv sedation. She's doing great. She has been living on ice cream, jello, chicken noodle soup. She goes back for her follow-up today.

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 09:24:00 am »
I'll be thinking of you and your son today!  I had mine out also, I think when I was 17, but I was a total whiney baby! lol On the day of the surgery I slept all day, but after that I decided I needed lots of yummy foods so I made my mom go out and get me milkshakes, applesauce, yogurt,  icecream AND Gerber baby foods! lol  My favorite was the Blueberry Buckle Dessert....mmm mmm! 

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 09:25:54 am »
i TOTALLY feel for him!  i had all 4 pulled out in one day too and was put under.  the whole way home i rode with my tongue sticking out and had NO idea ha ha.  then i swelled up and looked like a chipmunk!  the good news is it didn't hurt a lot at all, i took medicine the first day and that's it.  i was more worried about getting the stitches out ha ha.  anywho, good luck with it, and i'm thinking about you all!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 09:49:58 am »
AWww Sending good healing thoughts to your son. When I had mine out the dentist would only do 2 at a time..ugh  it was hard to go back to get the last 2 done...lol

He will be fine.I wish I had been put out, then you don't have to see and hear what they are doing. Make sure he follows up with the anitbotics until they are done. It would be much worse if he gets and infection ontop of it all.

Let us know how he made out ;)

chaosndestruction

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 11:24:54 am »
I had all 4 of mine out when I was 17...they put me on nitrous...yay for laughing gas ;D I remember her coming in and asking how I felt...the first time I said fine...she came over and turned something up...the next time she came back and asked how I was...I pointed and laughed :D My mom made me drink a boost after the surgery was done...I was put on percocets for pain killers...so I slept like all day and was up at like 3 am.... I lived off soup, jell-o, ice cream and pudding. lol.

Hope it goes well!!!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 11:32:14 am »
i do have to laugh about the laughing gas, i remember i was talking in mid sentence then i don't remember anything ha ha.  i fell out in mid conversation ha ha.  i ate sonic the night i got mine done (ohhhhhhh don't tell the dentist ha ha). 
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 03:37:55 pm »
Thank you everyone so many others have to deal with so many more difficult situations but this is stressing me and when I wrote my post I was the only one awake here and I was a nevous wreck.

I guess it is similar to having your dog spayed or neutered you really know that it will work out OK but of course you still worry until they come out from the anastsia (sp)

The patient is home and doing pretty well - me the mother doing OK I just hate seeing my little boy (yeah he is 15 and 5'10" tall) in pain.  He is eating pretty well a frosty from wendy's and some apple sauce.

He is also taking some pain killers.

Thanks again for being there!!