Author Topic: On Going Odyssey of Trip Underfoot  (Read 5843 times)

ZenRabbit

On Going Odyssey of Trip Underfoot
« on: February 19, 2007, 02:59:54 am »
Hiya Everyone,

Just an update on how Trip is doing. He's been great! now that his UTI is clearing up and he does not feel like he has to pee every 20 seconds potty training is starting to take hold and he has almost stopped peeing in his kennel. He has moved into his own kennel instead of sharing one with our Fila and has settled in well with the change.

We did have some more breeder drama tho. Trip was not the puppy we originally put a deposit down on. We put a deposit down on a male from different parents and the breeder sent us Trip on accident.

We didn't know at first since we had put a deposit on a long haired half mask male which trip is. However his health cert said he weighed 20lbs and when we took him in to the vets to have the UTI checked out he weighed 13lbs 7oz's. I didn't think he could have lost that much weight from stress in three days!

So called  the breeder and Yup .. he's a puppy from a different litter. The breeder had to get him ready to fly out at 3:30am and was not paying attention to which puppy he chose...  Anyway he offered to pay for Trip to be sent back and pay for the other puppy to be shipped out but we have already bonded with Trip and decided against that.

We love Trip and his parents are still AKC Ch. Bernards with all the health checks ect. However it kind of annoys me since i talked to a bazillion people and this breeder had good ref's and was a member in good standing with the saint bernard club of america and he's a total ditz.

Anywho Trip is a super mellow easy going Lad and has proven to be a super addition to the family. I honestly thought it was going to be a little overwhelming since we have a 2yr and 4mo old human children but so far Trip is really good at listening so it has not been stressful at all.

~Beth

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: On Going Odyssey of Trip Underfoot
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 10:11:21 am »
Things happen for a reason. Maybe Trip was the one really meant for you. I'm glad things are working out so well.
We most certainly need puppy pictures please :)
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 04:25:15 pm »
Same breeder who almost sent you a girl right? Well as long as you now have a puppy you love all is well. Sometimes it's just meant to be. Perhaps the breeder would like to cover the UTI costs instead of the flight cost??

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 08:38:18 am »
Someone else in another post was also sent the wrong Newfoundland pup by a breeder. That's so careless! You would think that champion breeders would have their system figured out pretty well. I guess mistakes happen, but still.

Even if you're sent the wrong puppy, as long it's healthy, it's hard to send it back. Trip looks like the cutest furball ever!

Let me know if you have any questions on UTIs. Our Newf, Rosie, is almost 4 years old. In the past she's had a pretty long history of chronic UTIs since she was a puppy. But since we've had her, I think we figured out a pretty good preventative plan for her.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline SaintHeidi

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 12:28:22 pm »
We have puppies that are about the same age, and my puppy also has had an ongoing UTI!  I was wondering if your "little guys" cleared up!  We are on our second round of antibiotics!  We received our puppy via flight also.  Wonder if it was the same breeder?