Author Topic: fumble got beat up... twice!!  (Read 10444 times)

Offline zeus

• Gnawer
  • I didnt do a thing i swear!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: fumble got beat up... twice!!
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 04:31:47 pm »
OH Poor Fumbles, i know Zeus would love to play with him, where are moving from Hull to Wareham in April so if you want to meet up an have the fellas play me an the wifey would love it , Zeus needs a newfie buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!! let me know

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2007, 08:38:38 pm »
so sorry to hear that happened!  i agree dogs are racist!  axle got beat up SO many times growing up, by ALL dogs, not just some.  he'd just be sitting there and all of a sudden get attacked, i guess the other dogs knew he would get big one day and they'd best scare him now.  he still gets beat up sometimes, but it's mostly just the other dogs being mean and making a scene.  sad, but i've noticed the same thing happening to diesel, too!  i sure hope he stays a sweet boy (which i'm sure he will), and stops getting picked on though!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2007, 07:14:10 am »
Oh Fumble, we are so sorry those mean pups attacked you!  We hope you are feeling better with each minute that passes.  You are welcome to come play with our puppers anytime! I know our guys won't attack you, just with lovings and hugs! I hope your Mom is feeling better too!  Erin, don't beat yourself up about it.  Those pups just took advantage of your fun, loving boy!

Anita & the 4 Newfies from NJ

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2007, 07:31:23 am »
Awww, poor Fumbs. Rosie plays pretty well with other dogs when she's fresh from a nap. Otherwise, if we're on the tail end of our walk and she's already tired, she gets beat up pretty quickly. We intervene pretty fast when we see her with her paws up in the air in defense.

She does like to rough up on this Golden Doodle who lives in a street nearby. We think she gets extra confident when she sees the Doodle cause she knows she can take him.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline newfiesx3

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Elvis gets beat up too!
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 11:40:11 am »
We are new to BPO and I was reading about Fumble's unfortunate experience. Fear not Fumble, you aren't alone. Elvis is now 185lb and still gets beat up. We lived in Germany and we regularly walked in our local dog park. He was attacked by a shepard when he was only 5mos old! He was just a baby. :o He was yelping and the man had to pull his dog off. I was crying, Elvis was crying. We would think an adult male would know he was only a puppy and not be threatened. The man was so upset too. :-[ Elvis was shaking and I had to carry him home because he was so upset and scared! When he was a year old we brought Stitch home. Stitch is his brother from another liter. They are great together, but Stitch is the boss. Elvis is always the one on the ground when they play. Our breeder with 27 years experience says this is not uncommon for the big guys to be picked on. She explained that when another dog sees them, they don't know what to think of the size and they attack to show dominance because they are really afraid of such a large dog. Elvis would love to play with Fumble, they would be great pals
My heart,soul...house,car,bed,kitchen,....wallet all belong to three beautiful Newfs. I wouldn't have it any other way. Hmm..we could have 4 or 5,6....

Elvis-3yr male (#1 lovey)
Stitch-2yr male (Elvis's baby bro & WILD child)
Audrey-10mo female Landseer (wanted a Hepburn, ended up with a LILO!)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 04:17:26 am »
he just takes it!  doesn't growl or bite back..

Newfies are know for their sweet temperment...i sn't that one of the reasons we love them so much?
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 08:00:02 am »
Awww poor Elvis! Well at least we know that they have each other!! It is so funny how The dogs that are so big are so calm and timid! I love them! :)
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!