Author Topic: fumble got beat up... twice!!  (Read 10395 times)

Offline FumbsAuntie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
fumble got beat up... twice!!
« on: February 19, 2007, 06:58:29 am »
We went to the philly area to visit my parents this weekend!! they just bought a new house in a big community and we were soo excited to see them.  Well i was walking around the house with fumble, because he had to go to the bathroom but apparently was holding a standoff... and we met up with a black standard poodle, who my mom said was really friendly.. so i figured yes! playtime for fumble! it's so few and far between.. well i let him go because the ground was a sheet of ice, and there was no way i was going to be dragged... and i figured okay this dog is friendly and likes to play... nope nope nope.. the standard poodle attacked poor fumble. and he is such a sissy he takes it.  well i finally got him away from her and i saw blood on the snow which FREAKED me out!  i took him back in the house and my dad took a towel to his whole body, but we couldn't find where the blood was coming from.. but the poor guy!!  he just takes it!  doesn't growl or bite back..

number 2!!  we went to a lady's house who had to mutts, and my mom said they were both really friendly, so i took fumble out of the car.. and they all started just sniffing eachother.  i let the leash go, but i stayed close, because i was really nervous.. well the male dog decided to give it to fumble.. like really give it to him!  poor fumble was crying and yelping, and when we finally got the mutt off of fumble he had a HUGE clump of fumble fur in his mouth.. yet again fumble just took it.. i swear that dog wouldn't bite another if it meant life or death.. after that fight we had a cut on the inside of his ear and a little cut on his nose... i just feel bad for the poor guy it's like the "fat kid" that no one likes :( my poor baby

he definately needs some other newfie time!! hopefully they wouldn't beat up on him.. i just wish i knew why it keeps happening!! 

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
Re: fumble got beat up... twice!!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 07:06:36 am »
Awww, poor Fumble!  Sasha and Bella would love to play with him.  They send lots of Newfie kisses!

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 08:02:31 am »
Poor Fumbs!!!

Don't feel bad big fella, Teddy doesn't have any friends either.  Such is the fate of the big boys I guess.
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 08:22:16 am »
Oh Fumble - I am so sorry those big bullies were beating up on you  :(

While I would love to play with you I don't know if Harley would be the best playdate either - although he would NEVER bite anyone.  He would just try to mount Fumble.

I wish I was there to give Fumble a big hug.

Stupid, mean, nasty doggies!! 

Randy & Harley

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2007, 08:25:42 am »
awwwww poor Fumble!
Sending tons of hugs and kisses to you!
Auntie Rachel is on the way to lecture those bully dogs... nobody picks on our Fumble and gets away with it! ;)

Offline arkydo

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2007, 08:28:43 am »
You cant let a poodle beat ya dog up lol

Nah that sucks, its crazy how that a 100lb+ dog can be so powerful but only at the wrong time

Arkyd was trained from a pup by my mum's Jack Russel.
he likes to scrap with dogs but if it came to it he'd probably do the same and cry

Offline FumbsAuntie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2007, 08:35:42 am »
thanks everyone for all your hugs and kisses!! i was just reading the responses out loud to eiren, and fumble hid his head... poor big guy!!   i'm just not a big fan of all the growling, nasty bites and fangs!! i'm happy that fumble is so docile, but sometimes i do wish he was able to defend himself... i just hope he doesn't begin to pick up on these nasty behaviors!! 

Anakalia

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 09:38:42 am »
Awwww, poor Fumble!  Koby's gotten attacked by little 3lbs. chi's and he just stood there looking at us for help! He had a few cuts on his legs and I felt so bad! So tell Fumble not to be embarassed, he's just too sweet, and we all LOVE sweetness! Get better soon, big guy!  :-*

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 09:47:16 am »
Poor Fumble. I wish it wasn't true but I really do think dogs are racist. Be glad that he is able to be the "bigger dog" andnot the mean one.  ;D

Bear has gotten beaten up so many times and even now- 4 1/2 years old- he still gets  beaten up.  :(
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 09:51:31 am »
Poor poor Fumble. All he needs is a playmate. Give him a hug and kiss from me.
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 01:14:38 pm »
Poor Fumble...Kali sends him kisses for his booboos.

Bring Fumbs down to CT and he can play with Kali and maybe Katy one of our vet's Saints. I think they'd have a blast together.  Kali misses her Fumbs.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 05:36:02 pm »
Jake has called a pow wow with the other bigs here and it is official- they are looking for transportation to go and visit Fumbs and play body guard. Tug promises that he will play nice and since he is just a little- Fumbs isnt going to have to worry about all of that growly stuff with Tug.

Poor Fumbs- give him hugs and kisses from me.

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 12:18:09 am »
Is Fumble neutered? Phelan got beat up all the time when he was a "man", I had to keep him out of the dog park until he got neutered. Now he's back to normal, loves the other dogs, nobody tries to pick fights with him...
He spent the whole day playing with a 10 month old newfie at the park the other day, so if Fumble needs a friend just bring him to Ontario ;) There are TONS of big paws at our dog park!!

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 04:56:43 am »
No, Fumbs is intact. Stacy as you say it is much better for a dog Fumble's size to be docile than aggressive especially with by how much he out weighs the two of you. Its much easier to kick or beat another dog off yours and let the other owners have to deal with animal control than to have to stress over Fumble being labeled aggressive. You know you guys are always welcome here, give him a kiss and a bear hug. Let this be a lesson Fumble needs Kali to travel with him, she'll defend him.

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 04:56:43 am »
I can send my thug, Anna Banana, to guard him.  She's a bully in a china shop! 

Poor Fumbs...but that's ok.  He's the gentleman in the crowd, and that will pay off for him!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.