Author Topic: What a weekend  (Read 1582 times)

bigdogs@5501

What a weekend
« on: February 25, 2007, 06:30:50 pm »
Having said that, let me explain. My husband and I are in our mid 40's, we are not work out gurus and we both could stand to lose a few pounds. But thats off the topic. As all of you know- we have a few acres out here, and a few Pyrs. Well I was reading an earlier post about Pyrs and the roaming- we were starting to have to deal with that and we have crazy (really crazy) neighbors. They take in homeless people on a regular basis and their past time is to go out and shoot at what ever moves. This has been making me nervous, so I panicked and was about to start having anxiety attacks about how to control the Pyrs. We decided that we had to start fencing. Well this adventure started at about 2 on friday afternoon. We pretty much finished about 30 minutes ago. Fencing out here is no easy task- we are heavily wooded in some areas, we had a creek that we had to secure and has anyone ever had the pleasure of driving T-Posts?? We only fenced in about 2 acres. But we are old- we are feeling every muscle every time we move or breath. We really should have bought this place when we were in our 20's. I really would have rather have been on BPO all weekend. I am hoping that this perimeter is Pyr proof. I just get sick every time I think that one of them is going to get out. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me.

marypyrs

Re: What a weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 07:22:40 pm »
 ;D WOOHOO!!!! Way to go Girl! (& Hubbie) Add 20 years on your age and you've got ME! & I'm still pounding fence posts and still feeling great. I guess just knowing that we're living the lives that we love gives that extra strength needed. Eh?

I have a few "Crazy People" who have moved in up around here too. Land is being sold off all over the place. Subdevided into 10 acre lots, etc. They've moved from the City to the Country. But bring with them the City values and life style. Lord help me if one of my horses ever gets loose! I guard my Pyrs with my life!

Offline MommyOfSchnauzers

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 11:56:47 pm »
Go Paige!!!!  I hope your perimiter is now secure!
Mel

Mommy of Monsters
Ladybug
Dazy

http://www.myspace.com/mrsduck97

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 08:23:15 am »
Paige - You go girl! That is such a labor of love! Your peace of mind will help ease all those aches and pains... that and everything Jenn and Tina suggested.... along with one of my own... hot totties.... LOTS of hot totties!

p.s. hope we get to see pics of y'all's fencing masterpiece!  :)