Author Topic: We got our second Saint  (Read 6978 times)

Offline Jerry

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
We got our second Saint
« on: February 27, 2007, 12:33:36 am »
We just got Pete a couple of weeks ago.  He is an 18 mo. old male that we got from a rescue organization.  He had been starved, left out in a small pen with no shelter and apparently physically abused (we have found 3 sets of scars under his fur).  He was also losing his fur due to the stress.

Since we got him his fur is recovering nicely although he doesn't have the thick winter coat our other Saint has, he is putting on weight and his real personality is now coming out (he was quite fearful before). He is a lover and has one of the sweetest personalities I've ever seen. He doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body and loves to play with Josh, our other Saint.

I am always baffled that anyone could abuse such sweet dogs.

I'll post some pictures when I have time to take them.

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: We got our second Saint
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 07:10:01 am »
Congrats on the new additiona.  Sounds like he has come to a much better place.  Can't wait for the pics!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:25:14 am »
Congratulation s on your new addition. Pete is a lucky dog. And you are wonderful for adopting him and giving him a new chance at a good life.

YAY for rescuing!!!!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!! RESCUED DOGS RULE!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 04:06:01 pm »
Congratualtion s on your new addition and thank you for making room in your home and heart for Pete.Looking forward to pics!!!
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline pink2378

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 05:59:56 pm »
Congrats!!

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 09:24:24 am »
Congratulation s! That's wonderful that you were able to rescue him and give him a loving home. I can't wait to see pictures!

Offline Jerry

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: We got our second Saint /need help posting pictures
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 12:08:01 pm »
I have some pictures of Pete now but cannot figure out how to get them on the board nor can I find any instructions.  Can anyone help me with this or point me to some instructions?

Thx

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 12:11:12 pm »
quoting from the help part of the site, don't beat me  ;)

Posting pictures is easier than chewing a bone...

When you post a new message or reply to a message, look for the "Additional Options..." link at the bottom below the text area box. Simply click on this link and it will expand the necessary fields. Just press the browse button, locate the photo on your personal hard drive, and click "post” to upload it.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 12:12:44 pm »
forgot to put, if you get an error message (not the normal one that occasionally pops up) your pictures may be too large, and you might need to resize them.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline waffles717

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: We got two Saint's Two,you will be So Happy and Story's oh Boy!!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 06:11:52 pm »
:-*maggie was first then came molly,and everyone would,tell us we nut's,But,Fun it never end's they are just like kid's,so Lovable,I could really have five,one day,they could lay next to me you would not know they where there,when we got molly,i really had to beg for her,and she is my Husband Love,she just so sweat,you just can't say no!it is hard when,peaple say,oh those Dog's are so Big,!But the Bigger the Better,,But Really Enjoy them,know they Grow so fast,my friend had one once,and got stuck in back of her Toilet,and had to call the Fire Campany!! :D :D :D :D,saintBarnard's are GreatDog's Taking care of the right way,with love,as any dog,little more,coat,daily combing,some spray,could,help,good food, :-*lot's of kiss's we love our Girls they really love the County know too!!!! they will Bond too,and get close,but will Bond with you too,do training with each one at a time,if you can,you they Both get attention,i did that,it is good i take each for walks alone,at time's too,and take together too,they both get attention,it is good,Idea!relly Cute!!!!let them sleep with a stuffed toy!! marylee!! :-*
This Beethoven, he went to vet yesterday, he is 36 pound and only 9 weeks old!