Author Topic: Not a good update  (Read 5869 times)

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Not a good update
« on: February 28, 2007, 12:18:25 pm »
Well a lot has happened over the last few weeks and none are good  :( Ill start off saying I ended up not pregnant, but we are now trying to have a baby [keeps fingers crossed] Now for the really bad news. I really dont know how to say it and really dont want to, with the fear of people hating me for it or wanting me to leave BPO. Ill start off saying I am not getting Slevin or any other pupppy anytime soon! Why do you ask? I have posted about having problems with Gauge and Zeus and Grey. Well things got better for a bit but then got worse then ever!! I was breaking up dog fights everyday. Some days it was multi dog fights and some days just one. Zeus and Grey were attacking Gauge every day and Gauge would never fight back. He would get attack for playing, looking at them, getting close to me, or walking by them. No warnings, just a straight up attack. Attacks with blood everywhere, Gauge with scratches and gashes from head to toe and many trips to the vet. I tried seprating them but my house is just too little for that. It got to the point where Gauge just stopped playing, walked around with his head down and tail between his leg. He walked around always looking behind him, it was very sad to see him like this. I contacted his breeder to take him back but she couldnt. So sadly I had to fine him a new home. I cringe even thinking about what I did, cause I feel like i failed him. Last Friday he went to a new home as an only dog and 2 kids to play with. I know some might look down on me for what I did and I am ready for that. I didnt want to say anything cause I do feel so bad but I felt like I should let you all know what happened! I am sorry if I let anyone down and understand if any one gets mad at me as I get mad at myself for what happened. But in the long run I had to do this cause what if one of this fights really hurt him or even killed him? So since I had to do this I knew it was completely wrong to get Slevin. I will not rehome a dog and turn around and get another. So I am now a 2 dog home and we dont plan on getting another dog anytime soon!

Anakalia

Re: Not a good update
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 12:29:26 pm »
Awww, Blair, I'm so so sorry!  :'( I can't imagine how hard and upsetting these past couple weeks have been, but for what it's worth I think you did the right thing.  How can anyone look down on you for doing what's best for Gauge?  You didn't want to see him get hurt anymore, or take the chance for something worse to happen.  Hun, once again I'm so sorry and I truly hope things start looking up for you and your family soon.  Take care. ((big hugs)) 

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 12:33:56 pm »
Wow, thats a tough one.  Glad you were able to make the decision thats best for the dogs - even though its breaking your heart.  Hugs to you.
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 12:45:13 pm »
Blair, I am so sad and sorry to hear all of this. I can't imagine trying to go through what you've been through. I don't look down on you or hate you at all for any of it though. It's not your fault. You did what was best for Gauge too. We will miss him and he will miss you, but you being willing to give him up for his own happiness' sake shows just how much you love him. I'm sending lots and lots of hugs your way.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

chaosndestruction

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 12:55:54 pm »
Awww Blair! *hugs* I think you did what was for the best.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 01:01:37 pm »
Oh sweetie... my heart goes out to you! What a time you've had! I am so sorry things didn't get better with Gauge, Zeus and Mr. Grey. I know how much you love all your boys and I can not imagine how difficult this decision was for you. Try not to be so hard on yourself. You are an awesome mom! You did the right thing and truly showed your unselfish, pure love to Gauge by giving him the opportunity to thrive and have a happy, stress-free life... which also relieved Grey and Zeus of Gauge-related anxieties. You did the best for all involved.
Sending tons of healing vibes and hugs your way!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 01:27:28 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Offline pink2378

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 01:36:23 pm »
I am so so sorry.   I had to rehome a puppy once (I was young and dumb and it's a long story) and it was the worst and hardest thing I ever had to do and people looked down on me for it but I knew it was the best thing for me and her. It's awesome that you were brave enough to do what needed to be done for you and Gauge.  Don't beat yourself up about it...you didn't send him to a shelter, you found him a loving warm home with kids to play with him.  Be proud of yourself for doing the right thing. 

Lucy sends you big sloppy newfie kisses.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 02:04:55 pm »
I would find it hard pressed to find someone on BPO would judge someone who did something that was in the best interest of their pet, which I firmly believe you did with Guage.  We all know your heart here Blair and know how difficult this whole situation must have been for you. 

Kisses and slobbers to you.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 02:14:09 pm »
I am so sorry it didn't work out. You did the right thing. It had to be very hard to give Gauge up. I feel for you. I'm sending happy thoughts your way. We are all here for you :-*
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 02:23:34 pm »
Thanks! I know I did what was right but it still hurts and feels so bad! But I just couldnt take the chance of him getting seriously hurt. When the boys would attack him, he would never fight back, which made it worse. I miss him so much :'(. I have never seen a dog fight before and I hope i never see another one. That has to be one of the scarriest things!! Thanks again everyone, this really is an awesome group of people!

Lyn

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 03:13:06 pm »
Blair, I know exactly how you feel. I has no choice but to rehome our Saint pup Mia (birthday present from hubby) 2 weeks after we got her. :'( Lola litterally went off the deep end and was trying to kill her and was attacking Bubba. Bubba didn't fight back either. The whole situation was completely unexpected and shocking to say the least. It litterally turned our peaceful home into a living h*ll. When Mia started to isolate herself from all of us, it was then that I knew it just wasn't going to work. I bawled my eyes out for days after she left. I felt like a HUGE failure. But I came to realize that it was for the best.. as much as I miss her, she's happy now and that's all that matters.

*Hugs*

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 03:26:01 pm »
Thanks! I know I did what was right but it still hurts and feels so bad! But I just couldnt take the chance of him getting seriously hurt. When the boys would attack him, he would never fight back, which made it worse. I miss him so much :'(. I have never seen a dog fight before and I hope i never see another one. That has to be one of the scarriest things!! Thanks again everyone, this really is an awesome group of people!
I really don't understand dogs  ??? Why do they attack someone who is not fighting back? What kind on mentality is that? It's not like he was trying to be an alfa male???
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Nicole

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 04:41:15 pm »
BLAIR! Come on, girl! We know you and know how much you love those boys. Ain't nobody around here gonnna give you any guff for doing the most loving thing you could for those guys.

The only thing we're going to do is be here for you cuz we all know its going to be so hard to miss Gauge and be sad about not getting Slevin! But don't worry, honey. Both of those boys are gonna be loved by someone, and you still get to love them, too.

Hugs, Blair! I know this is hard!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2007, 07:22:13 pm »
Blair, I am SO SORRY to hear this. :'( I think know how you feel. Dog fights are SO scary, and when you are talking about big dogs like a Dane and a Rottweiler, I can't imagine there is anything you could do to protect Gauge. Except give him a safe new home.

I was wondering where you had been and how things were going. :-[ Such sad news. I am so sorry you won't be getting Slevin, this is just sad all the way around. But let's be thankful you didn't bring that new little guy into a messy situation where he could have been seriously hurt too.

Hang in there sister, take it easy, and have fun trying to get pregnant!!! :) 

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 07:47:23 pm »
I'm soo sorry to hear about Gauge.  Fights are the worst our two went at it constantly for a while.  They've settled some but it's still a problem.  You made the best decision for your boys and your family. No one can hold that against you.  Hugs and Slobbers from the chaos crew.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties