Author Topic: Hey we are new!!  (Read 11853 times)

Offline Julie1494

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hey we are new!!
« on: March 05, 2007, 02:44:16 pm »
This is Baylee, she's 6 weeks old.  We just got her yesterday!!

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Hey we are new!!
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:47:15 pm »
Welcome to BPO! Baylee is adorable :)

You should make a pawprint and an avatar (let me know if you need help figuring out how)
RIP former BPO

lorim2

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 03:05:15 pm »
Welcome!!  My gosh what a cute face!!  Makes me want a puppy again!!!!  More pics!!

Offline Julie1494

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 12:39:29 pm »
What's a pawprint and avatar??  Help, yelp!! Here are some pics of my other two...Aggie is the black and tan and Taffy is the chocolate (Min Pins) they don't have big paws, but they have HUGE attitude!!

Offline Julie1494

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 12:41:21 pm »
Here's another cute pic of Baylee.

Offline ptkennel

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Prairie Trail Kennel
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 12:58:39 pm »
Too cute...Love the couch potato.
Joy, Newfoundland
Gabi, Newfoundland
Amy, Irish Wolfhound
Sara, Irish Wolfhound
Gintaro, Irish Wolfhound (from Poland)
Desa, our Borzoi
4 Irish Wolfhound puppies, Saturn, Gemini, Delta and Mercury
www.prairietra ilkennel.com

Offline Julie1494

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 01:02:08 pm »
What in the world am I thinking??  This dog is gonna get so big...we will have to get her a couch of her very own.  Just can't help it, we love our dogs, they sit where we sit, sleep where we sleep.

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 01:33:31 pm »
I almost missed this one.  Welcome Baylee...  I'm Misty and Gracie is my English Mastiff baby girl.  She'll be 10 months this month on the 16th.  We also live with Linus our 4 year old cat.  We are looking forward to lots of pictures of that sweet mug of yours. 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 01:56:50 pm »
Oh that is one of the cutest puppies!! 

Welcome to BPO you probably realized already that this site is addicting.

I'm Randy I have a 5 year old Flat Coated Retriever (Harley)who is nothing but trouble but I adore him!!  I am currently trying to talk hubby into a second dog but I am having no luck!!

Good luck with your new addition please post more pictures!!

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 02:49:03 pm »
Hello, and welcome. your dogs are beautiful. Love that smooshy boxer face. lol.
Im Jodi, owned by Memphis, a 3.5 year old Great dane, Zero and Jigsaw our two bull terriers and some cats and fish, and a web slinger. haha. Hope you enjoy your stay here :)

jodi
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Julie1494

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 03:39:29 pm »
This site is hugely addictive, love all the great pics of the beautiful dogs...everyon e is so nice.  Baylee is our 3rd, it took us a long time to decide to get another dog, then longer to research breeds and decide on a boxer, and even longer to find a responsible breeder!!!  Does anyone think I will encounter problems when Baylee gets big with the two min pins, they seem to get along great, any suggestions?

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 03:52:06 pm »
ha ha ha i'm new to the BIG paws along with tiny paws, but i can say that we just got a 2lb chihuahua puppy who my dogs are terrified of!  the puppy rules the roost even though 2 of our dogs are 75lbs, one is about 110, and one is about 130-140ish right now.  as long as you expose them, they're usually very good at dodging bigpaws and letting them know they're there (for tiny paws) and big paws are great at learning to watch where they're going!  since your's are growing up together, i wouldn't think there would be any problems except the occasional misstep, or the min pins putting the puppy in it's place!  liz has helped me a lot in learning how tiny paws and big paws interact! 
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Julie1494

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 04:01:47 pm »
My sis has a Chihuahua, she absolutely loves him and has had him too many years to count, he's an old man now.  I want to be able to teach Baylee to follow us and not run off when we walk out front.  Does anyone know if obedience classes are worth it because i don't really know where to begin with her, she's going to have to be well behaved as she will be sooooo big.

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 04:10:46 pm »
I totally recommend obedience classes.  Gracie and I just finished our basic obedience class last night (6 week course for an hour on Wednesdays) and what a huge difference there is in how she listens.  We are actually even going to continue and take a pre-novice obedience course just to fine tune the basic obedience skills we learned.  I am so impressed with how well and fast she learned the commands sit, sit-stay, down, down-stay, come and even the "leave it" command. Heeling is a piece of cake on a loose lead now.  Before she wouldn't leave the house without a pinch collar.  I say do it.  It certainly wouldn't hurt anything if you did. And good luck. 

ps...  I love her...  She's soooooo cute.     
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 06:58:10 pm »
Hello and welcome!  Hope you enjoy it here.

My name is Chris, and I am owned by Keiko an almost 9 yr old husky/shep mix, Gunther, a 2 yr old great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two 1 yr old rat terriers, along with a menagerie of other animals.

If you aren't used to training dogs, I would definitely recommend an obedience class.  It is much easier to work with a misbehaving puppy, than a misbehaving adult.  You will be glad you did.