Author Topic: New Pics of Bubba and Lola..  (Read 11214 times)

Offline jeniferrochelle

• Gnawer
  • Tuba (Saint Bernard) and Tank (English Mastiff)
    • View Profile
Re: New Pics of Bubba and Lola..
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 08:47:43 am »
I love Saint Bernards and I have only had long haired. Do your guys shed as much as mine? I have to vaccum everyday. It's worth it though.

P.s They are beautiful!!

Lyn

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2007, 09:35:17 am »
Bubba sheds reallly bad. We got a shopping bag and a half of hair off of him before his bath. We used the shed-ender and a slicker brush. Took almost an hour.. good thing he likes to be brushed. :D Bubba is odd though, he has what I call combination fur, longer around his neck, on his butt and on his tail, short everywhere else. He also has these weird tuff of long fur that sticks out on his shoulder blades. LOL I think alot of it has to do with the fact that his mom is a rough coat and his dad is a smooth coat.

Lola on the other hand is from a smooth x smooth breeding and she doesn't shed that much at all, yet.. by summer I might be saying otherwise. :D

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2007, 09:50:52 am »
Bella's papa was a rough coat and her Mom was a smoothie, so she has "combination hair" too. :D It's mostly mid length (like 1" or less) all around I would say, but longest on her neck.  She definitely sheds. I should probably be more proactive in brushing, but usually I just tend to vacuum often, and of course I wear a lot of it to work and everywhere else!

I'm glad to hear that things are beginning to settle down a bit with Lola. Bella has similar food issues, and it worries me a bit only in that if I were to ever bring another dog into the family I don't know how she would react.  I know how frustrating it is to deal with that issue. Best of luck with the puppers. I'm sure in time, things will get completely back to normal. :D
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat