Author Topic: Husky in Ohio may need a home  (Read 4627 times)

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Husky in Ohio may need a home
« on: March 07, 2007, 09:44:39 am »
Friends of John's got an Alaskan(?) Husky on Sat and are thinking they might need to find a home for her.Sat night while they were sleeping she ate a whole in the house door.It's a good thing it is metal on the outside,so she didn't get out. Sunday night while they were out to dinner she ate their turtle and tore about 3 sets of mini blinds.Monday the Dad took her to work,so no issues.Yesterd ay they left her crated all day while they were working. :( And she punished them for that,by sliding out the bottom tray and totally destorying the carpet underneath.Joh n has offered to let her stay at his house during the day while they work.That way she would have his dog for company and not have to be crated.He has a doggy door that leads to a fenced yard,but they were told she jumps fences,so they won't let her stay there.This morning when I talked to John he said they are talking they may need to find a home for her.I told him I would post on here and see if I can get any leads. This is her 3 rd home and if I remember right she is 3.Her last home was a huge family,so she was never left home alone.She had 2 dogs for play mates,there was also a cat and ferret until she ate them.John said she is a very sweet dog,other then her issues.I've seen pics and she is a very pretty dog.It sounds like in the right home she would be a great dog.So there is what I know so far,I will keep you all posted if anyone is interested.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: Husky in Ohio may need a home
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 09:47:13 am »
sounds like someone needs a job to keep them busy!  sure wish them the best!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 10:15:23 am »
Huskies need TONS of exercise and a job. Companionship isn't enough. They aren't really that into people anyway. If they don't have the time to take the dog jogging/playing hard/etc. for at least an hour a day, they should look for a home that can.

Not to be harsh here, but that poor dog is losing its mind.

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 10:43:37 am »
Huskies need TONS of exercise and a job. Companionship isn't enough. They aren't really that into people anyway. If they don't have the time to take the dog jogging/playing hard/etc. for at least an hour a day, they should look for a home that can.

Oh I agree 200%.Yesterday I stressed all day after learning it was being crated all day.That's why I'm trying to line up a new home for her.
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 12:12:17 pm »

I totally agree with Nicole here, husky's literally go crazy if they're not doing something and they LOVE to run so they need jobs/exercise.  They do like people but their much more comfortable with a pack of dogs, so a home with one or more dogs is a good idea.  Also, they are the type of dog that could live outside.  The husky we had hated being indoors, she'd pace and whine, so she was outside most of the time.  Hopefully this girl can get a perfect forever home this time.

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 12:54:55 pm »
Well, good luck. I would love to help but I know that I am about the worst home that a Husky could ever hope for!

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 01:10:42 pm »
Ok, she sounds like Nala, first off most, and I am saying most because this can happen and they can live happily ever after, huskies/malamutes can tolerate smaller animals, my husky ate everything cats, birds, my pet rabbit, etc, I never tried her around a small dog unless someone was there. Tonka and Nala are fine with small dogs (never to be left alone though) but not cats, ducks, birds, or anything else. Tonka can convert her energy, Nala can't, if Nala is not ran, not walked atleast 2+ miles/day even in the rain she will dig holes and eat everything. she even ate 2 dog toothbrushes and a tube of dog toothpaste last week because she was bored and she could reach it while no one was home. They are crated together in a playpen all day and do fine. But they also know that when he gets home and I get there they get to go around the block. If you can please find out if it is a mal or husky and I will check with some rescues and see what can be done. This behavior is completely typical of northern breeds and unfortunate for her she has been placed with several families "packs" and has no clue what is going on. 

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 02:11:12 pm »
Well, good luck. I would love to help but I know that I am about the worst home that a Husky could ever hope for!

ha ha i have go with you, i'm a horrible home for an active dog ha ha.  all our dogs are so lazy and laid back they'd have a heart attack if we brought a "have-to-be-exercised" dog in the house!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 02:22:56 pm »
I am more of a walker/jogger, Nala can deal with what I do, but loves to run and if you tell her to go faster, she will wear you completely out. Tonka is more of a liesure walker jogging/running at times, but likes to enjoy the scenery.