Author Topic: Older newfie in need in New england.  (Read 2558 times)

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Older newfie in need in New england.
« on: March 07, 2007, 10:15:49 am »
Hi all... my breeder contacted me last night.. apparently there is an 11 year old newfoundland in falmouth whose parent's are divorcing and neither can take her.  This is the email they sent to my breeder, then she forwarded it to me..

Hi,

We are the owners of an 11 year old Newfie named Rosie. She is relatively healthy for her age except for some hip issues. She eats well and is and has been a great dog growing up with our four children.

Here is our problen....Unf ortunately, my wife an I are getting a divorce and neither one of us is able to find accomodations that will allow us to bring Rosie with us. We are desperately seeking a place for Rosie as we are selling our house on 3.19 and both moving to our separate apartments. We can't bear the thought of putting her down just because we can't house her. We bought her from a breeder in Needham or Wellesley and can't find their name anywhere. (we though maybe she would be able to return home to live with some siblings; possibly, for her final days)

Do you have any thoughts or suggestions? It would be greatly appreciated.

>>>>>We really don't have hte room for 2 newfies in our little house... but if anyone is interested i can get more info! thanks. 
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Nicole

Re: Older newfie in need in New england.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:21:03 am »
Oh! This is SO sad.  :'(

I'm glad that they are trying to do the right thing for her. My father-in-law might be interested in giving the ol' girl a home for her golden years. I'll speak to him and find out.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 10:50:22 am »
just want to bump the thread cause i'm going to be away from a computer for a while! 
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline FumbsAuntie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 11:24:58 am »
it's eiren... i'm home and on stacy's computer...
great idea! thanks, i just emailed the breeder the newf rescue for NE to forward to the guy...

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 05:35:36 pm »
If anyone is interested we'd be more than happy to help with transport and maybe foster for a day or two.  We wouldn't be able to keep her due to dominance issues between our two girls but I hope she finds a good home.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties