Author Topic: Yosemite Bear  (Read 3786 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Yosemite Bear
« on: July 10, 2005, 12:17:36 am »
Today we were at Yosemite with my my in-laws, 2 sisters-in-law, my brother-in-law, and their Yorkie Trigger. It was a long, hot day but fun was had by all! Bear got to walk in the wilderness, swim multiple times in freezing cold water, eat ice cream, take pictures with many many people, and sleep soooooo well on the way home. To this minute (we've been home 2 hours) he has yet to really move.  :D

If look closely at the last picture, it is of our make shift leash (the thing I use for my whistle and key at work) because Michael forgot Bear's leash on the lawn by our car. It was not until we got there (an hour later) that we realized we had no leash. SO.....we had to spend big bucks for the only leash they had for sale (thank goodness they did) at the general store and now Bear has a full fledged Yosemite collar and leash. WooHoo!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

nickerbokker

Re: Yosemite Bear
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 12:45:58 am »
omg i miss him so much i can hardly take it!  well, and you two also....

he's such a stud!  you have inspired me to find somewhere with a waterfall and pond for the boys.  i will do it LMAO.

like the new jewelry!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 07:48:26 am »
I think we learned our lesson and now are going to have a bag in the car ready for Bear just in case anything like this arises again. The dumb new leash/collar were soooooo expensive. Grrr.....I hate spending big bucks when you didn't need to in the first place had you come prepared.  >:(
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 07:56:00 am »
Jaime,

It sounds like at least one set of leashes should be used for some vigorous spanking!  ;) ;D  Someone's in T-R-O-U-B-L-E!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 10:58:06 am »
No kidding Moon...great idea!!!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 11:31:56 am »
We need a category: the stupid things our significant others do!

Several years ago we purchased a bright yellow life jacket for Greta.  It was about $35-40.  We put it on her because we felt it would make it easier for her to swim, without putting as much stress on her heart.

Well, we took her to the lake along with our rubber raft.  When we packed our stuff to leave I told my bf NOT to put the life jacket in the raft because I could plainly see it was going to fall out without him knowing it.  He insisted that this was not the case and picked up the raft single-handedly (my hands were full of dog leashes and other items) and I could see it buckling in half with the potential to send everything overboard as he walked the trail.

When we arrived at our campsite, which was not far away, the life jacket was GONE.  We hurriedly retraced our steps, thinking it was so bright that we would see it right away.  Unfortunately, someone else saw it first and we never saw it again.

He never purchased a replacement.   :-\  I should have tied him to the raft and let it drift out in the middle of Lake Wenatchee....H a! Ha!  Just kidding!

It is definitely frustrating when these things happen, but they are human mistakes...I guess!  NOT!  LOL.

I've always had this issue with my bf where I will analyze a situation and present all of the warning signs.  By darned if EVERY SINGLE TIME I've given adequate warnings he hasn't pursued the opposite of what I deemed obvious and ended up dragging us both into a considerable mess. 

If you are like me you become anxious over inconveniences and having to spend money on unnecessary things.  I try to accept this as a condition of how I am and not become too excited over it, but that can be difficult, because more often than not I feel that I could never have made such a mistake.  I just do not inconvenience myself like that and boy if I did I would be so hard on myself...let me tell you. 

;D ;)
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 11:44:44 am »
Great pics Jaba!...I know how it is!...If I don't think for everyone here & then double check on that...lol...t hings get forgotten & not done...Like who would know that a dog might have to go poop after he pees outside?...My hubby obviously doesn't because I had him take Sam out one night & he came in all happy that Samson went...2 minutes later Samson is looking uncomfortable & hunched up so I ask hubby, "did he poop"...Uh...no I brought him right back in...We did make it back out in time but MAN!...lol...I always keep an extra leash in the van in case something happens to Samson's or I come across a stray that needs help.

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 11:47:48 am »
Thanks! And no kidding, I guess you can never be too prepared huh?
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 11:59:09 am »
Great pictures! I especially like the one of Bear with the waterfall in the background - he is so handsome.

I think everyone has had to use a makeshift leash at one time. I remember once when Zoey was just a baby out, Dan took her out to check the mail (didn't bring a leash for some reason) and promptly discovered that he locked himself out. Since I wasn't going to be home for a couple hours, he took off his shoelaces, tied them together, and used them for a leash  :D
RIP former BPO

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 12:26:21 pm »
Great pics Jaba!...I know how it is!...If I don't think for everyone here & then double check on that...lol...t hings get forgotten & not done...Like who would know that a dog might have to go poop after he pees outside?...My hubby obviously doesn't because I had him take Sam out one night & he came in all happy that Samson went...2 minutes later Samson is looking uncomfortable & hunched up so I ask hubby, "did he poop"...Uh...no I brought him right back in...We did make it back out in time but MAN!...lol...I always keep an extra leash in the van in case something happens to Samson's or I come across a stray that needs help.

I always become impatient with people when they feign helplessness and rely on me for the answers...all the time.  In my personal life there are a few people who never listen to me, but yet they come to me for all the most mundane questions, such as how to spell a word, how to raise earthworms, etc., etc., yet they do not give me the time of day when I have real, life-altering suggestions.  Then, we all suffer together and that is frustrating.  I think it is good for people to read and to research and to find things out and to find out that they have the power and tools to find things out.  Because, after all, someone has to "find things out", otherwise none of us would know how to do things.  I just love it endlessly when I meet someone (in person) who has ideas and grasps concepts and is thoughtful and prepared and actually thinks of something that did not cross my mind...It gets old being the "reference book" for numerous trivial facts and figures with NOTHING in return...The fulfillment of an intellectual exchange is so important.  That's why I like to come to BPO.  There is such a variety of thought here and I love to EXPOSE myself to different ideas that I may not have heard before, because it is not a far-fetched idea, in my opinion, to consider that anything I've learned may be based on some heresay or mere opinion that lead to an ingrained belief which is potentially harmful. 

But, on the other hand I love to assist people who deeply appreciate it, enjoy it or counter with a great idea for how to spend the afternoon or introduce a new hiking trail to me, a book, etc.  There is nothing greater in my world than that.  It is the lack of this exchange that creates the blues.

I find that, some men in particular, are afraid of women who "expect" a "TAKE CHARGE" attitude from them, yet assume a take-charge attitude themselves.  It makes it difficult to come to a concensus, because most people would rather prove their point than focus on the end product and find a sufficient way to achieve a common goal.  That is so funny, isn't it?  It seems based on the inference that "equal exchange" will leave one partner floundering in defeat, when really, finding the best solution with the most favorable outcome benefits everyone involved, even if someone has to bend a little and accept the discomfort of change.  It is not defeat to do this.  Defeat is when an opinion is formed and argued to no end resulting in tension and conflict, when really the individuals arguing may only be forcing strict emotion, drained of all reason.

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2005, 03:19:49 pm »
Great pics guys!  We can't wait to take Drake on his first Yosemite trip.  We have the saddlebags and everything so we can make that working dog earn his keep and live up to his breed's reputation.  We try to keep a leash in every car just to avoid that situation you guys got into, but you know to do that now.  Good times, hope you had a blast up there, how was the weather?  We usually stay in Fish Camp at a cabin so we don't have to freeze at night.
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.